Social
9.8/10
Popularity Score
2495ms
Latency
88%
Success Rate
fxjordan3 months ago
Internal Server ErrorI get some 500 Internal Server Errors when testing my client library. After some testing, I modified the example payload provided in the API Overview https://s3.amazonaws.com/clayadavis_public/example_payload.json.gz and it looks like the error occurs when "retweeted_status" or "quoted_status" are added to a Tweet. Also, I reproduced a 500 Error with that simple payload: { "user" : { "id" : "42", "screen_name" : "TruthyBotOrNot" }, "timeline" : [{"user": {}, "text": "foo"}], "mentions" : [] } It'd be great if you could take a look.
OSoMe5 days ago
We may have fixed the (or at least one) source of 500 errors, please let us know if you still have 500 errors. Please make sure you submit to the Botometer API the entire JSON you get from the Twitter API; if any fields are missing (as in your example payload), you will get a 500 error.
fxjordan3 months ago
Thanks for having a look. Also, it would be great if the response body for a 500 error is in the same format as for 400 errors, i.e. like that: { "message": "'user' must be provided as a Twitter User object", "error": "JSON Error" }. That would be much more user-friendly than the default 500 error page the API is currently responding.
OSoMe3 months ago
Thanks -- we will look into this. It might take a while as we're swamped with other issues but will get back.
Hi Developer, feel free to post your answer:

Install SDK for NodeJS

Installing

To utilize unirest for node.js install the the npm module:

$ npm install unirest

After installing the npm package you can now start simplifying requests like so:

var unirest = require('unirest');

Creating Request

unirest.post("https://osome-botometer.p.rapidapi.com/2/check_account")
.header("X-RapidAPI-Host", "osome-botometer.p.rapidapi.com")
.header("X-RapidAPI-Key", "SIGN-UP-FOR-KEY")
.header("Content-Type", "application/json")
.send({"user":{"id":"1234567890","screen_name":"IUNetSci","...":"..."},"timeline":[{"id":1234567890,"text":"@Botometer is so cool!","...":"..."},"..."],"mentions":[{"id":9876543210,"text":"@TruthyAtIndiana is also cool!","...":"..."},"..."]})
.end(function (result) {
  console.log(result.status, result.headers, result.body);
});
OAuth2 Authentication
Client ID
Client Secret
OAuth2 Authentication