100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

One API call each day is failing

Rapid account: Dlohmeyer 22
dlohmeyer22
2 mesi fa

Hi, I am subscribed to your free tier. I use cron scheduling to fire off ~20 requests per day to refresh games/odds in my database.

Each day at 7:30pm I call 4 times to refresh NBA, NHL, and NCAAB (twice using skip param).

In my logs I am seeing: “Error: Request failed with status code 429”. Any ideas on what might be causing the 429?

Thank you.

dlohmeyer22 Commented 2 mesi fa

Looks like it is returning to me with “too many requests”. I was thinking that any request over the limit would just charge me $0.05, but I guess the API is rejecting any calls over the limit now.

dlohmeyer22 Commented 2 mesi fa

Yeah so I run the same exact code routine 5 times throughout the day. 4 out of the 5 times the code succeeds with no errors, but every single day, my 7:30pm CST time slot logs a 429 failure. Very odd. This code has been running on my server for quite some time. Seemed to be introduced when I started requesting NBA, NHL, and NCAAB instead of NFL and NCAAF. I’ll try adding a 50ms delay between calls and see if that clears things up.

Only other thought would be maybe some issue with calling the NCAAB games API with skip 0 and skip 100 simultaneously? Hard to say. Mostly wanted to check if I was missing something obvious. I’ll keep investigating on my end.

Rapid account: Sportspage Feeds
SportspageFeeds Commented 2 mesi fa

You’re saying that you’re getting exactly 1 error per day? Are you using this username to make the requests?

There’s a limit of 50 requests per second, so you shouldn’t be tripping that by making only 20 calls. Are you positive about the number of requests you’re making?

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments