Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

What's the rate limit?

Rapid account: Sourcefrom
sourcefrom
2 months ago

Hi,

While playing around calling the api say every 10 minutes, I started to see frequent โ€œcode:88, Rate Limit Exceededโ€ errors.

I understand the paid plan only imposes a montly usage quota/limit, not by RPM, and this code 88 is imposed by underlying twitter api? If so, can you share a ballpark RPM by twitter that I can configure, and advise how to best get around it?

Thanks for the pointers.

Rapid account: Sourcefrom
sourcefrom Commented 2 months ago

By account do you mean a specific API key, or the dynamic IP address you use to make twitter api requests? It would be helpful to know some rules in place I could use in order to implement some kind of rate limit configuration and error handling. For instance, is there a RPM value I can set? Upon an 88 error, should a retry attempt be made immediately (if you use dynamic IP), or only after X seconds/minutes (need RPM setting from you or twitter).

Thanks for clarifying this.

Rapid account: Abcdsxg
abcdsxg Commented 2 months ago

The service is used by a large number of people and it is unavoidable that there will be occasional frequent requests, in which case the account will be flagged and will not be used again for a short period of time

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments