Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Question about VAR events

Rapid account: Rapply
rapply
3 years ago

Hello

I have a question about an event in the Real Madrid - Mallorca game (fixtureId: 720796). According to flashscore.com Real player Karim Benzema scored a goal in the 49th minute that was disallowed due to a foul detected by VAR.

In the events for this match I find a event of type: “VAR” at time.elapsed: 50, player.name: “Karim Benzema” detail: “Goal confirmed”.

Why does the detail say “Goal confirmed” when the goal was cancelled?

In the documentation (https://www.api-football.com/documentation-v3#operation/get-fixtures-events) it seems to me that there are only 2 different details to events of type ”VAR”. ”Penalty confirmed” and ”Goal cancelled” but I have already come across other types of VAR events. ”Goal disallowed - handball” and ”Goal disallowed - offside”.

So which are the different detail descriptions for events of type ”VAR”? And why was this goal by Benzema tagged as ”Goal confirmed” and not ”Goal cancelled” or ”Goal disallowed”?

Thanks

Rapid account: Rapply
rapply Commented 3 years ago

Thanks, another example is fixtureID 720793 (Espanyol-Alaves). Espanyol hade 2 goals VAR-disallowed in the first half due to offside. Both these events are of type “VAR” and detail “Goal confirmed”.

Rapid account: Api Sports
api-sports Commented 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks we will check this.

Best

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments