99%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

No Useful Data Returned

Rapid account: Dflook
dflook
4 years ago

I am using the stock/v2/get-security-info API call and the results contain mostly “:null” values in the returned json. This does not make the API very useful. Here are some examples of the returned json.

I can go to the MorningStar site and see the star rating and other statistics on these two funds.

My use case for your API is to get the star ratings on mutual funds.

Regards,
Don Look

SHMMX
"{“userType”:“Free”,“performanceId”:“0P00002SD0”,“securityName”:“Western Asset Managed Municipals A”,“ticker”:“SHMMX”,“starRating”:null,“qualRating”:null,“quantRating”:null,“bestRatingType”:null,“investmentStyle”:null,“priceEarnings”:null,“priceBook”:null,“priceSale”:null,“forwardPE”:null,“forwardDivYield”:null,“starRatingDate”:null,“returnStatistics”:{“numberOfMonths”:null,“beta”:null}}

FCSAX
{“userType”:“Free”,“performanceId”:“0P0000M08V”,“securityName”:“Strategic Advisers® Core”,“ticker”:“FCSAX”,“starRating”:null,“qualRating”:null,“quantRating”:null,“bestRatingType”:null,“investmentStyle”:null,“priceEarnings”:null,“priceBook”:null,“priceSale”:null,“forwardPE”:null,“forwardDivYield”:null,“starRatingDate”:null,“returnStatistics”:{“numberOfMonths”:null,“beta”:null}}

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 4 years ago

Hello,

Our of endpoints are mapped to page/tab with similar name, you should easily guess which one to use.

Regards.

Rapid account: Dflook
dflook Commented 4 years ago

Help me understand how to determine if your API will provide data.

Even though the documentation shows the fields in the return data format, I will need to go to the website, without logging in, to see if the data is displayed. Is there a correspondence between the API calls and a particular place on the MorningStar website that I should look to see if the data is displayed?

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 4 years ago

Hello,

Our endpoints provide PUBLIC data and features, you may check the official site whether the displayed data is useful or not. They should be as same as each other.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments