Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Best way to manage remixed song ?

Rapid account: Nino 90
Nino90
2 years ago

Hello everyone,
The API is working well but I have a problem concerning the best way to identify remixes. Here’s the deal :
Imagine 1 original song et 10 remixes of this song. When I use the API to recognize the songs, sometimes it identify it with the original song when it’s in fact a remix. What is the best way to identify correctly the remix ? The best way I can think about is to make 3 (or more) calls to the API with different part of the song, but it will be very slow indeed.
Is anyone facing the same problem ?
Thanks for your help.

Rapid account: Nino 90
Nino90 Commented 2 years ago

Hello, Thanks for your answer. Absolutely, the result is the same with the official application. Maybe my message wasn’t clear, it’s not an incorrect behaviour of the API or the official app, but what I am trying to do here is to avoid matching a remix with a original song, despite the sample of the remix is matching perfectly the original song. That’s why it’s not a bug of the API or the app, instead it’s to find a way to avoid mistakes. With 3 calls (or more) with different part of the song, I will significantly decrease the mistake rate, but it will cost me 3 times more API calls. My message was to ask if you guys already found a way to handle this. Thanks for your advices.

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 years ago

Hello,

This API must give the same result or behaviour with the official application. If the remixed songs have in Shazam’s database, the application should return the remix as the result. Otherwise, it will return the songs included in the remixed song by matching the relating portions.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments