Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

$2000 charge ?????

Rapid account: Pk 69
pk69
8 years ago

Hello,

I subscribed to your language API and expected to pay $5 a month.
to my surprise I see a $2000 charge and traffic suggest that one day our site went slightly over seems impossible to rich 1Mill a day calls.

I donโ€™t know how this happened that our site made so many calls in one day, but seriously - can your over charge be more reasonable? especially considering that unlimited plan is just $10/month?

Please make a reasonable adjustment so I donโ€™t need to do a complete transaction chargeback with Visa.
I subscribed now to a unlimited plan

regards,
Pavel Kovalev

Rapid account: Best Api
bestApi Commented 8 years ago

Dear Pavel,

Thanks for reaching out.
We apologize for your inconvenience regarding our payment plans.
The reason thereโ€™s a big difference between the prepaid cost and the pay-per-call is because
a prepaid plans allows us to prepare in terms of scalability and server response rate. When a user
signs up for a basic plan and then uses the server as if he was using a premium plan it requires us to
scale our systems in real time without any downtime. Nonetheless we understand your frustration and
we are willing to reduce the payment to $300. Please note that 20% of the original payment was taken by mashape
and we have no control whatsoever on their fees. Feel free to reach out to them and request a refund.

Thanks,
BestAPI

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments