Table of Contents
- Looking for Stock Market APIs?
- An Overview of APIs
- Why are APIs Important in the Financial World?
- Popular Financial API’s
- Summary: Best Finance APIs
- List of all Finance APIs
Looking for Stock Market APIs?
An Overview of APIs
As we increasingly rely on technology for automation and integration of our business and personal interests, API’s have become an integral part of our lives. Without knowing it, we are growing reliant on this sophisticated technology.
An Application Programming Interface (API) is a software that acts as an intermediary that gives the capability of two applications to communicate with one another.
Most of the applications you use every day rely on APIs in some capacity.
These APIs act like building blocks, allowing developers to build applications much faster. They also prevent developers from having to “reinvent the wheel,” and spend time creating functionality that already exists.
Why are APIs Important in the Financial World?
As the need for financial services grows, firms are coming up with innovative strategies for improving their client’s web and mobile application experience.
They are implementing both private and public API’s to assist with better connectivity.
Financial institutions today utilize application and software for virtually everything.
Banks use internet banking, ATM’s and much more to facilitate payments. In such a developed financial industry, API’s have become indispensable tools that allow these firms to facilitate their connectivity while at the same time improving on service delivery.
Popular Financial API’s
Here is a list of the top finance APIs we reviewed:
Paybook is an API created by Fintech Developers, that converts raw financial data from banking and other financial institutions into a simple format that is easy to understand.
It allows a user to synchronize their software with those of financial institutions, government authorities and utility service providers to create a seamless financial platform.
For you to acquire the relevant credentials, you’ll have to register on the Paybook website and create a profile.
After this, you’ll have the capability of viewing your key.
Paybook API Endpoints
- createCredentials : Initiates credentials creation.
- canelinvoice : Cancels an invoice.
- createTaxpayer : Develops a new taxpayer.
- getAccountTypes : Returns account types.
Paybook API Pricing
If you are going for an internal plan, it will cost you $50 per month. If you need a more robust plan, there is a $250 per month tier available.
If you are an investor new into digital currencies and interested in digital assets, then this is the best API for you.
Check out more cryptocurrency APIs here.
It is the most utilized and leading software platform for digital assets.
You can acquire the credentials by filling out an online form. It will typically take 2-3 business days to get reviewed and accepted.
Blockchain API Endpoints:
- convertAdressToHash: Converts a bitcoin address to hash 160.
- convertAdressToPublicKey: Makes an address into a public key.
- convertKeyToHash: Makes a public key to hash 160.
Blockchain API Pricing
They have plans for all workflows categorized that are free and secure.
This enables the user to retrieve financial data on stocks and quotes.
- /stock : Allows you to acquire data on a quote or holding.
- Basic: It is free, but you have a limit of 950 daily.
- Pro: Costs $9.95 and you have unlimited access.
- Ultra: Costs $19.95 and you have a limit of 300 per day.
4. Smarquet API
If you are an investor interested in the stock market, then this is the stock market API for you.
It is commonly utilized in the stock market.
Smarquet API Endpoints
- get all historical data: Offers you the capability of accessing all historical information.
- get covariance: It’s just a function of acquiring covariance.
- get quotes: Acquire financial quotation from Yahoo API.
- get symbols: Allows you to access all the relevant valid symbols.
- get rsi: Relevant strength index.
Smarequet API Pricing
Easily accessible from the relevant website.
This offers third parties the capability of displaying SimplyWall.st Snowflake widget for any firm in the Simply Wall St database.
The company takes upon itself to update the database on a regular basis. The data comes from 30 financial checks and is based on 5 different subject areas.
- Exchange and ticker symbol for stock to be retrieved
Snowflake Widget API Pricing
- Learner plan: Free after you signup.
- Investor plan: Costs you $115 billed yearly.
- Pro plan: $340 per year.
6. PayPal API
If you have an e-commerce establishment, then you have figured out the importance of accepting different online payment platforms.
This API integrates with PayPal and allows websites and mobile application to take PayPal credit payments.
Some endpoints are:
- authorizeOrder: Allows an order to go through by following the ID.
- aaptureOrder: Takes a payment order.
- createAgreement: Develops billing contract for the buyer.
- createCreditCard: Creates a database for the credit information with PayPal.
PayPal API Pricing
Paypal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
You can go to the PayPal developer’s website and acquire the API.
Allows the user to set different values of bitcoin based on their source. Since it utilizes data from different regions, it possesses the capability of reading all currency values.
Bitcointy API endpoints:
- Bitcointy.Get average price: Display an average price according to data from all the providers of the currency.
- Bitcointy.Get chart data: Provides a chart of prices and transactions.
- Bitcointy.Get conversation rates for all sources: Acquire all conversion rates for all the currencies.
Bitcointy API Pricing
It’s a freely accessible application.
This API utilizes Yahoo Finance to provide a rundown of all stock symbols.
It bases its results on Yahoo’s financial database.
Related: How to use the Yahoo Finance API
Yahoo Finance API Endpoints:
- Yahoo_finance: Creates a connection to the Yahoo finance API.
Yahoo Finance API Pricing
You can get the API from Yahoo or github developer’s site.
Yahoo Finance API Alternatives
The Currencylayer API allows users to retrieve global currency conversions and exchange rates.
It is most suitable for start-ups who are interested in getting accurate and real-time currency exchange data.
One can sign up at their website for obtaining an access key.
List of endpoints:
- Currencylayer.getCurrencies: This offers access to the full rundown of all supported currencies.
- Currencylayer.getCurrenciesChanges: Displays the marginal increase or decrease for the currencies.
- Currencylayer.getCurrencyConversion: Converts a single currency.
- Currencylayer.getHistoricalExchangeRate: Offers all the background information about exchange rates for the past sixteen years.
- Currencylayer.getRealTimeExchangeRates: Gives access to actual real-time exchange rates.
Currencylayer API Pricing
- Basic plan: You get free access.
- Free plan: You pay $9.99 monthly.
10. Coinbase API
As you facilitate Bitcoin/Ethereum transactions, the Coinbase API gives you access to real-time data.
The API allows a user to generate, buy and sell:
- Bitcoin cash
- and Ethereum.
You also get the capability of accessing all historical price data and receive notifications when your payments are processed.
It is an easy to integrate API.
Getting credentials is very easy as you only have to sign up on their website and create a new account.
Coinbase API Endpoints:
- coinbase.commitBuy: Command for completing a buy created in commit: false state.
- coinbase.commitSell: Facilitates a sale that has been created.
- coinbase.completeRequestMoney: Allows the intended recipient of money end a transaction by giving the leeway for transmission of funds to the individual that requested it.
- coinbase.getOrders: Creates a rundown of the current merchant’s orders.
Coinbase API Pricing
The Coinbase API is free, with no paid plans. There is a rate limit of 10,000 requests per hour.
Summary: Best Finance APIs
|Paybook||Financial institutions||$50 to $250|
|Financial Data for Stock and Quote||Financial Analysis||Free Option|
|Snowflake Widget||Financial market||Investor: $115 Pro plan: $340|
|PayPal||Online payments processing||Free|
|Yahoo Finance||Stock market||Free|
|Currencylayer||Forex trade||$9.9 monthly|
|Coinbase||Digital currency transactions||Free|
Do you agree with our list of Finance APIs? Which APIs are we missing from our list? Let us know in the comments below.
Be sure to check out more Finance APIs on the RapidAPI Marketplace.
List of all Finance APIs
- Currency Converter – Provides exchange rates based on the official banks data.
- Latest Mutual Fund NAV – API provides latest NAV information of all mutual funds in India from Association of Mutual Funds of India (AMFI). The database will update as soon as data is updated on AMFI.
- Breaking News – MyAllies News delivers real-time news and stock pricing from across the globe and information on the latest breaking business and financial news.
- Hryvna Today – Exchange rates from Hryvna Today
- Crypto Asset Market Data Unified APIs For Professionals – 100s of crypto currencies & exchanges via a single API. Register for FREE API key: https://blockfacts.io/ SDKs for integration, rich historic tick data, compliance-first with full lookthrough.
- Morningstar – Query major exchanges for common stock fundamentals, splits, dividends, daily prices and assorted metadata as per the Morningstar website.
- Quandl – The premier source for financial, economic, and alternative datasets, serving investment professionals. Quandl’s platform is used by over 400,000 people, including analysts from the world’s top hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks.
- Coinranking – Data about all cryptocurrencies and exchanges.
- Currency – Accurate and reliable currency exchange rates for over 150 currencies
- Finnhub – Realtime Stock Price – We provide API for realtime stock data, forex and crypto.
- Blockchain Info – Plaintext query api to retreive data from blockchain.info
- PayPal – Accept PayPal and credit card payments online or on mobile.
- AwesomeAPI Exchange – Cotação de Moedas
- SEC Filings – A collection of methods that returns various financial data for a requested company including SEC Filings, balance sheets, financial ratios , company look-up utilities and more.
- Taxee – MEET TAXEE, Your Friendly Neighborhood Income Tax Data and Calculation API.
- kuponiko – Be first to get the coupons that get posted online.
- Thailand National Lottery – Thai National Lottery results, check the Thai National Lottery here as soon as the numbers are drawn.
- Swift Validation Service – A Service to validate SWIFT-FIN messages. Standards supported are from the year 2012 up to and including 2019.The message will be checked and a list of parsing and or validation errors will be returned if the message fails.The XML and JSON version of the original message will also be returned.
- Company Search – Quickly search 45,000+ companies (listed or unlisted) by name or ticker. Company Id is widely used on other APIs.
- Finbox – Finbox the best toolbox for researching stocks.
- Path. Cryptocurrency. – One interface to retrieve transactions across crypto exchanges and wallets. Create your own Coin Trackers, Portfolio Managers and more.
- FinsentsAPI – Equity news sentiment for smarter investment decisions. News Sentiment is derived from millions of web sources. It helps tracking the volume of information published for a given company, and its degree of positiveness or negativeness. Can be used as input for predicting stock prices.
- Bank BSR Codes – India – Find BSR (Basic Statistical Return) Codes of all banks in India either through branch address or BSR Code.
- Global Ethereum Price Index – GEX – Ethereum Price Index supplied by BitcoinAverage.
- Global Litecoin Price Index – GLX – Litecoin Price Index supplied by BitcoinAverage
- walletapi.cloud – Integrate a ledger layer enabling asset accounting or closed-loop payments between your users or IoT devices.
- Bitcoin Historical Price Data – BitcoinAverage.com is proud of the fact that we were the first global price index in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, and have proven over the years to also be one of the most reliable. It is considered by most as the de facto standard bitcoin price index.It is trusted by thousands of users across hundreds the world’s leading websites, apps, services and businesses. With our historical bitcoin price data stretching back to 2010, this index is perfect for a multitude of uses from reporting, invoicing, payment processing, analysis and accounting, as well as a plethora of integrations with different types of software.Pull our Historical Bitcoin exchange rate data in JSON or CSV format, stretching back 6 years, with 3 levels of granularity.
- SquareECommerce – Accept, process and filter online payments through Square.
- Dogechain – The API of the Dogecoin blockchain – get info on an address and current network statistics.
- StockFluence – StockFluence.com provides financial sentiment analysis for investors to discover, react and respond to market opinions. We monitor (social) media channels and analyze the overall sentiment with our algorithms. Based on the sentiment, we make predictions with an accuracy level of 70%.
- Mortgage Payments – A simple API to calculate monthly mortgage payments, including principal and interest; taxes; homeowners insurance; and mortgage insurance.
- bitcoinwhoswho – Bitcoin Address Checker API returns any scam reports on a given BTC address.
- t-money – Electronic money by PT. Telkom Indonesia
- Abnormal Return Calculator – This API calculates abnormal returns and test statistics for user-specified event windows
- StockTwits – StockTwits provides a social communications platform and social graph for anyone interested in the markets and investing.
- Market Cycles – Analyze dominant cycles in stock market
- Global Bitcoin Price Index – GBX – BitcoinAverage.com is proud of the fact that we were the first global price index in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, and have proven over the years to also be one of the most reliable.
- vatlayer – Vatlayer is a simple REST-based JSON API offering instant EU VAT number validation, VAT compliant price calculations and VAT rates for all 28 current member states of the European Union.
Also published on Medium.