Table of Contents
Not everybody loves cooking, but once in a blue moon, we always get the urge to jump into the kitchen and whip up something delicious. However, it is hard to keep your culinary game fresh if you lack new ideas and always prepare the same old dish that you inherited from your mum. This is why you need to check out various recipe websites for inspiration. But, how do you know the sites to visit, considering that there are thousands of them out there? This is why we have scoured through the internet and brought you some of the best recipe websites.
1. All Recipes
Taking the top position is All Recipes, a top-tier recipe website that is estimated to have over 25 million visitors each month. With a crisp and easily navigable site and backing of skilled and experienced culinary masters, this platform furnishes its visitors with thousands of recipes and meal preparation videos. It also features comprehensive how-to-do guides on absolutely everything food-related topics. The site also permits users to create profiles and share their secret recipes with others.
- Gives you access to an extensive recipe database
- Boasts advanced searching filters for targeted searches
- Provides some recipes with video instructions
- Recipes load-speeds are slow since they contain loads of information
Another outstanding player in the culinary game is The Food Network. Established in 1993, the network boasts a religious following since it reaches its followers via several mediums, including the website, television, radio, magazines, and podcasts. The site boasts an outstanding database of recipes and videos, as well as clips and episodes of past televised Food Network shows.
- Since it has been around for quite some time, it is one of the most trusted sources of culinary information
- Has a backing of experienced and talented gourmet experts
- Incorporates classic and modern recipes
- Loading speeds can be slower due to the tons of information on this website
- Some complain that the site doesn’t update their content regularly
Another excellent website to get top-notch recipes is Yummly. This platform boasts an appealing and easy to navigate interface, as well as plenty of filters to help you navigate easily in the database, which boasts over 2 million recipes. The site also features fantastic recipe videos that are often displayed on social media platforms such as Snapchat and Facebook. The site allows users with an account to save recipes, share their creations, and make shopping lists.
- Features outstanding videos
- Boasts a plethora of different filter options
- Clean, fun and easy to use website
- Ability to create meal plans based on diet restriction and allergies
- You need to sign up to share recipes
- Filters are only visible once you sign up
Epicurious was launched in 1998, and it has been providing top-quality recipes since. However, unlike other recipe websites that brag of the number of visitors they have, this platform takes pride in the quality of recipes and food-related content it provides. Don’t expect to find millions of recipes on this site, but a handful of handpicked and trusted recipes. The platform sources filtered and tested meal preparation techniques from its partners Bon Appetit and Gourmet (RIP) magazines. They also provide instructions on some culinary basics and tips.
- Handpicked recipes from renowned food magazines and individual chefs
- Allows users to upload their recipes
- Emphasizes on quality rather than quantity
- Fewer recipes when compared to other famous recipe websites
Primarily focused on videos, Tasty is one website that you ought to visit if you enjoy visually appealing recipes. The site features outstanding video recipes that carefully crafted with savory ingredients that are tantalizing and mouth-watering. With the standout quality and simplicity of its recipes, you can now understand why tasty videos are always trending on social media.
- Provides cleverly created recipe videos
- Clean and fast performing website
- Access to an extensive database of video recipes
- It doesn’t feature in-depth content on topics that relate to food
Spoonacular is not a website but rather an API that allows you to access a robust database with over 365,000 recipes and 86,000 food products. This tool comes with a recipe search engine that permits users to find favorite recipes using typical language queries such as “low-fat vegan cupcakes.” It also allows you to find recipes for creating various kinds of diet plans.
Check out our tutorial to learn how to get started with the Spoonacular API below!
- Allows its users to search recipes using natural language queries
- Boasts over 365,000 recipes
- Can help users create meal plans
- Contains more than recipes and thus can be challenging to beginners
Serving up the best recipes form the past decade, Delish is another exciting destination for gourmet connoisseurs. The website was established in 2008, and it boasts fascinating classic recipes and
a handful list of today’s favorites. Additionally, it features top-quality video recipes and interesting articles on food trends and other culinary news.
- Outstanding mix-match of both full-text, photo and video recipes
- Features fascinating food-related articles
- You can search for recipes based on a keyword, category or ingredient
- Provides a handful of recipes
- Some users complain that their photographs need additional work
Edamam is a state-of-the-art API that allows you to find the most outstanding recipes across the internet. With more than 1.5 million nutritionally analyzed recipes, this tool leverages cloud-based structures to help you find the right recipe to prepare your favorite dish. Whether you want to cook meals with low cholesterol, sugar, or sodium, Edamam will find the best recipe for you.
- Great filtering features that help you source the highest quality recipes
- It helps identify a recipe’s ingredients and its nutrients content
- Offers link to recipes for cooking instructions
- You need a paid subscription to access premium features
Summary: Best Recipe Websites
|All Recipes||Browse Food APIs|
|The Food Network||Browse Food APIs|
|Yummly||Connect to API|
|Epicurious||Browse Food APIs|
|Tasty||Connect to API|
|Spoonacular||Connect to API|
|Delish||Browse Food APIs|
|Edamam||Browse Edamam APIs|