It’s hard to keep your culinary game fresh if you lack new ideas and always prepare the same old dish. Checking out various recipe websites can help give inspiration. But, how do you know the sites to visit, considering that there are thousands of them out there? We have scoured the internet and brought you some of the best recipe websites.
Taking the top position is Allrecipes, a top-tier recipe website that is estimated to have over 25 million visitors each month. With an easy to navigate site and the backing of skilled and experienced culinary masters, it furnishes its visitors with thousands of delicious recipes and meal preparation videos. It also features comprehensive how-to-do guides on every food-related topic. The site also permits users to create profiles and share their recipes with others.
- Gives you access to an extensive recipe database
- Boasts advanced searching filters for targeted searches
- Provides video instructions on some recipes
- Many recipes are not easy recipes, and some contain loads of information
- No meal prep services
Another outstanding player in the culinary game is The Food Network. Established in 1993, the network boasts a religious following since it reaches its followers via several channels, including website, television, radio, magazine, and podcast. The site boasts an outstanding database of new recipes and recipe videos, as well as clips and episodes of past televised Food Network shows.
- It is one of the most trusted sources of culinary information
- Has a backing of experienced and talented gourmet experts
- Incorporates classic and modern food recipes
- Tons of information on this website, making it challenging to sort through
- Some complain that the site doesn’t update their content regularly
Another excellent website to get top-notch recipes is Yummly. The site boasts an appealing and easy to navigate interface, as well as plenty of filters to help you customize the recipes you see and also to sort through their 2 million+ recipes. The site also features fantastic recipe videos that are often displayed on social media platforms such as Snapchat, Facebook, and TikTok. The site allows users with an account to save recipes, share their creations, and make shopping lists.
- Features outstanding videos
- Boasts a plethora of different filter options
- Fun and easy to use website
- Ability to create meal plans based on diet restriction and allergies
- You need to sign up to share recipes
- Filters are only visible once you sign up
Epicurious was launched in 1998, and it has been providing top-quality recipes since. However, unlike other recipe websites that brag of the number of visitors they have, this platform takes pride in the quality of recipes and food-related content it provides. Don’t expect to find millions of recipes on this site, but a handful of handpicked and trusted ones, making it a perfect site for foodies. The site sources filtered and tested meal preparation techniques from its partners Bon Appetit and Gourmet (RIP) magazines. They also provide culinary basics and tips.
- Handpicked recipes from renowned food magazines and individual chefs
- Allows users to upload their recipes
- Emphasizes on quality rather than quantity
- Fewer recipes when compared to other famous recipe websites
Primarily focused on videos, Tasty is one website that you ought to visit if you enjoy visually appealing recipes. The site features video recipes that carefully crafted with savory, mouth-watering ingredients. Due to the simplicity of its recipes, Tasty recipe videos are always trending on social media.
- Provides easy-to-follow recipe videos
- Fast performing website
- Access to an extensive database of video recipes
- No in-depth content on topics that relate to food
Spoonacular is not a website but rather an API that allows you to access a robust database with over 365,000 recipes and 86,000 food products. This tool comes with a recipe search engine that permits users to find favorite recipes using typical language queries such as “low-fat vegan recipes, best chocolate chip cookies recipes, and grilling recipes” to name a few. It also allows you to find recipes for creating various kinds of diet plans, such a Keto/low-carb, gluten-free, and whole food. Given all of this, it’s no wonder the API is listed as the top recipe API on the Rapid API Hub.
- Allows its users to search recipes using natural language queries
- Boasts over 365,000 recipes
- Helps users create meal plans
- Contains more than recipes, making it challenging for beginners
Delish is another exciting destination for gourmet connoisseurs. The website was established in 2008 and it boasts fascinating classic dinner recipes, including BBQ, comfort food, and air fryer recipes. Additionally, the site features top-quality video recipes and interesting articles on their food blog on food trends and other culinary news.
- Outstanding mix-match of both full-text, photo, and video recipes
- Features fascinating food-related articles
- You can search for recipes based on a keyword, category or ingredient
- Provides a handful of recipes
- Some users complain that their photographs need additional work
Edamam provides nutrition data and analytics. With more than 1.5 million nutritionally analyzed recipes, this tool leverages cloud-based structures to help you find the right recipe to prepare your favorite dish. Whether you want to cook meals with low cholesterol, sugar, or sodium, Edamam will find the best recipe for you.
- Great filtering features
- Identify’s a recipe’s ingredients and its nutritional content
- Offers link to recipes for cooking instructions
- You need a paid subscription to access premium features
Summary: Best Recipe Websites
|All Recipes||Browse Food APIs|
|The Food Network||Browse Food APIs|
|Yummly||Connect to API|
|Epicurious||Browse Food APIs|
|Tasty||Connect to API|
|Spoonacular||Connect to API|
|Delish||Browse Food APIs|
|Edamam||Browse Edamam APIs|