Stock market apps are tools that allow investors to monitor stock prices, financial news, and other market data in real-time using their smartphones or tablets. These mobile apps have made it possible for investors to learn and follow the stock market at any time, without having to use a desktop platform. These apps provide a range of features such as real-time stock quotes from institutions such as Bloomberg and Charles Schwab, charts, financial news, and analysis tools to help investors make informed decisions.
Robinhood offers commission-free trades on stocks, options trading, and ETF trades, and also offers cryptocurrency trading. The app provides a simple and intuitive interface, real-time market data, and customizable push notifications. If you want to buy and track stocks without paying any fees, the Robinhood Android app has got you covered. Although it targets beginners, this app provides access to charts, historical market data, and financial market organization. The Robinhood app also permits traders to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- It simplifies the process of buying and selling stocks
- Allows users to trade stocks and top cryptocurrencies, offering diverse investing in one app
- No transaction fees and commission-free stock to start trading
- The app often crashes on older Android devices
- Crypto trading is not available in all countries
Renowned as one of the top apps for financial information on the internet, the Yahoo Finance app is the one-stop-shop for real-time stock market news. The app offers a wide range of financial news and market data, including real-time stock quotes, customizable watchlists, and interactive advanced charts. It also allows users to track stock price changes, keep an eye on commodities, world markets, equities, and bonds. It also syncs personal stock information across multiple devices. The app is easy to use and provides access to robust financial data, making it a great choice for both novice and experienced investors.
- Simple app with a minimalist design and less complicated features
- You can use the app without logging into your yahoo account
- It allows users to create watch lists for real-time stock quotes
- It features tons of information that is not related to stocks
- The combination of cryptocurrencies and commodities make the app somewhat confusing
Webull offers commission-free mobile trading on a range of asset classes, including stocks, options, and cryptocurrencies. The app provides in-depth market data and real-time streaming news along with a comprehensive set of research tools.
- Commission-free trading and no minimum bank account balance
- Wide range of trading options and research tools
- User-friendly interface that is intuitive and well-designed
- Limited account types; it does not offer retirement accounts such as IRAs or 401(k)s
- Limited customer service options
- Limited educational resources
- Not all cryptocurrencies available for trade
TD Ameritrade, which also offers the thinkorswim platform, offers commission-free trading for stocks, ETF trades, and options along with a range of research and analysis tools. The app provides real-time data and allows investors to create customized watchlists, monitor their portfolios, and access in-depth financial research. Check out their thinkorswim platform here.
- Commission-free trading and no minimum account balance
- Advanced research and analysis tools
- Easy to use interface
- Educational resources; to help beginners learn more about investing
- Account fees, which can add up for frequent traders
- Limited cryptocurrency trading
- Customer service
- Limited customization to user’s personal preferences
E-Trade offers commission-free trades on stocks, options, and ETF trades and provides a suite of research and analysis tools for investors. The app includes customizable watchlists, interactive charts, and real-time streaming data along with a range of educational resources for new investors.
- Commission-free trading and no account minimums
- Wide range of investment account options; including mutual funds, bonds, and futures trading, and retirement accounts
- Advanced research and analysis tools
- User-friendly interface
- High transaction fees; can add up for frequent active traders
- Limited customer support
- Limited customization; making it challenging to tailor it to the specific needs of each user
With a powerful combination of social media and stock trading tools, StockTwits is one of the most comprehensive Android apps. It boasts professionally curated stocklists with real-time data and lots of charts for technical analysis to help active traders gauge the market. This app also features a section for forex and cryptocurrencies. Users can also share valuable insights with the community and use the earning calendar to prepare for upcoming events.
- It features hand-curated stock lists
- Comprehensive crypto and forex section
- Comes with customizable message streams
- Contains a lot of ads
- You must create an account to use the app
The Investing.com Android app boasts all the information that is available on its official website. From live quotes to charts for over 100,000 stocks, this platform has everything you need. It also features financial news for renowned publishers, a customizable portfolio screeners to track your investment options, and customizable alerts.
- Features a comprehensive list of prominent cryptocurrency prices
- Users can view information about bonds, foreign exchanges, commodities, interest rates, futures and options
- The calendar feature helps active traders keep up with both personal finance and business events
- Comes with ads, which are removed at the cost of $1.99 per month by credit card
Integrating a portfolio tracker with a stock market news app, JStock provides you with an easy way to learn about the stock market and track the companies you care about. Simple and efficient, this app delivers the top-notch analysis and places the indices right at your finger trip. It offers customizable snapshots of the entire market.
- Features tons of information on stock dividends
- Boasts widgets for watch list, portfolio, and world indices
- Simplifies your portfolio in easy-to-understand graphs and charts
- It doesn’t feature the stock trading functionality
- The app requires a one-time $7.99 to start using it
The Stock Quote Android app provides real-time and pre-market quotes and stocks from around the globe, at any time of the day. It features current and insightful business and financial news, as well as relevant posts from social media sites such as Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. It also gives active traders the chance to track and manage their portfolios.
- The app is available for free
- All the data on the app can be backed up to the cloud via Dropbox, Google Drive, or physical SD card
- It offers real-time and pre-market quotes from markets around the world
- The app could benefit from a design upgrade
- Some users claim that the app is difficult to navigate
As the name insinuates, the Real-time Stocks Tracker Android app allows users to live stream stock market information. It supports all brokers in the US and brokerage accounts, and traders can use this app to track multiple watch lists and stock portfolios. It also allows you to customize your search and provides in-depth information about each stock.
- Provides real-time stock information
- Create and watch multiple watch lists and portfolios
- Customizable alerts
- It is littered with loads of unnecessary information.
All of these apps provide different features that investors may find useful, so it’s important to choose the one that best fits your needs. You can browse the best stock market and brokerage APIs on the Rapid API Hub here.