Table of Contents
Unlike some years back, when individuals had to rely on newspapers to access stock market information, today, technology has simplified everything. It has made it possible for investors to learn and follow the stock market any time from the comfort of their homes. Fast forward to the smartphone technology, and now investors can follow the stocks while on the go. Using smartphone apps, individuals can now monitor the stock market and trade without any hassles. For those who rely on android apps to follow and learn about stocks, here are 8 of the best.
With a powerful combination of social media and stock trading information, StockTwits is one of the most comprehensive android apps. It boasts professionally curated stocklists with real-time data and lots of charts for technical analysis to help traders gauge the market. This app also features a section for forex and cryptocurrencies. Users can also share valuable insights with the community and use the earning calendar to prepare for upcoming events.
- It features hand-curated stock lists
- Comprehensive crypto and forex section
- Comes with customizable message streams
- Contains a lot of ads
- You must create an account to use the app
Renowned as a top-tier spot for financial information on the internet, Yahoo Finance app is the one-stop-shop for real-time stock market news. This app allows users to track stock price changes, as well as keep an eye on commodities, world markets, equities, and bonds. It also enables you to sync personal stock information across multiple devices.
- Simple app with a minimalist design and less complicated features
- You can use the app without logging into your yahoo account
- It allows users to create watch lists for real-time stock quotes
- It features tons of information that is not related to stocks
- The combination of cryptocurrencies and commodities make the app somehow confusing
Investing.com app boasts all the information that is available on its official website. From live quotes to charts for over 100,000 stocks, this platform has everything you need. It also features financial news for renowned publishers, customizable portfolio screen to track your investment, and customizable alerts.
- Features a comprehensive list of prominent cryptocurrency prices
- Users can view information about bonds, foreign exchanges, commodities, interest rates, futures and options
- The calendar feature helps traders keep up with finance and business events
- Comes with ads, which are removed at the cost of $1.99 per month
Taking pride in being a trusted name in the financial industry, Bloomberg also powers an android app to help traders monitor global stocks. The app allows you to customize your account and receive just what you want. It also allows users to create their stock portfolio easily.
- Traders have exclusive access to the Bloomberg live TV
- Boasts a simple and intuitive interface
- Traders can create custom watch lists
- Comes with loads of information that doesn’t relate to the stock market
Integrating a portfolio tracker with a stock market news app, JStock provides you with an easy way to learn about the stock market and track the companies you care about. Simple and efficient, this app delivers the top-notch analysis and places the indices right at your finger trip. It offers customizable snapshots of the entire market.
- Features tons of information on stock dividends
- Boasts widgets for watch list, portfolio, and world indices
- Simplifies your portfolio in easy-to-understand graphs and charts
- It doesn’t feature the stock trading functionality
- The app requires a one-time $7.99 to start using it
Want to buy and track stocks without paying any fees, the Robinhood android app has got you covered. Although it targets beginners, this app provides you with access to charts, historical market data, and financial market organization. Besides, the Robinhood app also permits traders to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- It simplifies the process of buying and selling stocks
- Combining stock and crypto trading is a brilliant idea
- No fees or commissions to start trading
- The app often crashes on older android devices
- Crypto trading is not available in all the states
7. Stock Quote
Want to get real-time and pre-market quotes and stocks from around the globe at any time of the day, Stock Quote the best app. It features current and insightful business and financial news, as well as relevant posts lifted from social media sites such as Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. It also gives traders the chance to track and manage their portfolios.
- The app is available for free
- All the data on the app can be backed up to the cloud via Dropbox, Google Drive or physical SD card
- It offers real-time and pre-market quotes from markets around the world
- The app could benefit from a design upgrade
- Some users claim that the app is difficult to navigate
As the name insinuates, Real-time Stocks Tracker is an excellent app that allows users to live stream stock market information. It supports all brokers in the US, and traders can use this app to track multiple watch lists and stock portfolios. It also allows you to customize your search and provides in-depth information about each stock.
- Provides real-time stocks information
- You can create and watch multiple watch lists and portfolios
- You can set customizable alerts
- It is littered with loads of unnecessary information.
Summary: Best Stock Market Apps for Android on Google Play
|Stock Market App||Pros||Cons||API Exists?||API Link|
|StockTwits||Yes||Connect to API|
|Yahoo Finance||Yes||Connect to API|
|Investing.com||Yes||Connect to API|
|Bloomberg||Yes||Connect to API|
|JStock||No||Browse Top Stock Market APIs|
|Robinhood||No||Browse Top Stock Market APIs|
|Stock Quote||No||Browse Top Stock Market APIs|
|Real-Time Stocks Tracker||No||Browse Top Stock Market APIs|