Language barrier is one of the hindrances that has made globalization's full potential not to be realized. Luckily, programmers and developers have immersed in research and innovation and came up with software that allows for the translation of phrases, voice notes, web pages into different languages. One such software is the translation API. This is an intuitive programming interface built to identify and translate a text from one language to the next. With the thousands of translation APIs in the market, finding the right API for your website or API can be challenging. However, to make your work easier, we have scoured the internet to bring you the top ten best language translation APIs.
What is the best translation API?
After reviewing over 23 translation APIs, we found these 9 APIs to be the very best and worth mentioning:
- Microsoft Translator Text API
- Google Translate API
- NLP Translation API
- MyMemory Translation API
- Language Translation API
- LINK Bilingual Dictionary API
- Simple & Elegant Translation Service API
- Deep Translate API
- Website Translation API
Our Top 9 Best Translation APIs for 2020
|Microsoft Translator Text||Best for Translation and pronunciation of words and names||Connect to API|
|Google Translate||Best for Translation of texts and words||Connect to API|
|NLP Translation||Best for Translating words and texts to more than one target language||Connect to API|
|MyMemory Translation||Best for Professional translation||Connect to API|
|Language Translation||Best for Translating short words||Connect to API|
|LINK Bilingual Dictionary||Best for Translating complicated terms||Connect to API|
|Simple & Elegant Translation Service||Best for Translating phrases||Connect to API|
|Deep Translate||Best for HTML and text translation||Connect to API|
|Website Translation||Best for Simple word translations||Connect to API|
Our Top Picks for Best Translation APIs
1. Microsoft Translator Text
A brainchild of the renowned Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Translator Text API is an AI service that permits web visitors and app users to conduct real-time translation for names and words in multiple languages.
The API boasts a translate feature, which automatically detects the language of the source text.
The transliteration feature helps users to pronounce words and names in foreign languages.
It comes with bilingual dictionary capabilities that display alternative translations from or to English.
The API supports more than 60 languages.
PricingFree Basic Plan offers 500000 characters a month. Paid plans start from $10 for 1000000 characters per month.
Related: Microsoft Text Translation API Tutorial.
Popularity Score: 9.7/10
2. Google Translate
With the Google Translate API, web visitors and app users can take advantage of robust cloud-based machine learning technology to dynamically translate texts from one language to the next.
The API offers a simple programmatic interface for the translation of arbitrary string into any supported language.
The API's underlying technology is continuously updated to feature improvements made by Google research teams, for a more enhanced translation experience.
It also boasts automatic language detection for any unknown source language.
The API translates the text or word into English before translating it into the objective language.
It supports more than 100 languages.
PricingTo get you started, there is a free basic plan offering 500 characters monthly. The paid plan starts from $20, offering 1000000 characters monthly.
Related: Google Translate API Tutorial.
Popularity Score: 9.8/10
3. NLP Translation
If you are looking for an API that can translate words, texts, and voice messages in more than 110 languages, the NLP API has got you covered.
The API supports translation with plain-text source and HTML. With this API, you can translate a word or text to multiple target languages with a single request.
It comes at a relatively affordable price.
Boasts optional protected words.
Supports over 110 languages.
Free basic plan with 500000 characters per month to get you started. Paid plans start with the $20 package that offers 20000000 characters per month.
Popularity Score: 9.5/10
4. MyMemory Translation
Get the most accurate translations from MyMemory, a world-leading application programming interface with a repository that features billions of professionally translated words.
Comes with a massive memory of professionally translated words.
Translations are ranked according to quality and similarity, thereby allowing users to get the most appropriate translation for any given source text.
It allows you to add translations into the MyMemory database.
Comes with cutting-edge machine translation, which comes in handy when the human translation is not available.
PricingFree basic plan offering 10000 words per month. Paid plan starting from $299 for 500000 words per month.
Popularity Score: 9.5/10
5. Language Translation
Language Translation API allows you to dynamically translate any content from a rundown of multiple languages from around the globe using advanced machine learning.
The API has put together a superb feature that detects unknown languages before translation.
It supports various sorts of content and provides translation results in the simplest form
It is easy to integrate this API into your app or website.
Free basic plan with 15000 characters. Paid plan starting from $10 for 25000 characters monthly
Popularity Score: 9.0/10
6. LINK Bilingual Dictionary
The API looks up for words or terms in a dictionary and returns all possible translations ordered by frequency.
It boasts clear and detailed documentation for easy integration.
It allows you to filter results according to word class and frequency.
Free plan offering 150 requests daily. Paid plan starting from $5 for 850 requests daily.
Popularity Score: 8.6/10
7. Simple & Elegant Translation Service
Simple & Elegant Translation Service API is the ideal choice if you need a reliable API to help translate texts, words, and phrases to various languages.
The boasts an intuitive feature that for the auto-detecting source language.
It also allows you to set the source and destination languages.
You can perform simple text translation with this API.
The highlight of the tool is its ability to translate the entire list of text phrases.
There is a free basic plan to get you started. Paid plans start from the $20 package, which offers 1000000 characters monthly.
Popularity Score: 7.5/10
8. Deep Translate
Deep Translate API helps you to translate texts and HTML between more than 100 languages.
The API provides fast and reliable translation for more than 100 languages.
The API can distinguish the language used in the input content.
Simple and easy documentation for faster integration.
It is very affordable.
Free plan with 100000 characters monthly. The Pro plan comes at $2.95, and it offers 1000000 characters monthly.
Popularity Score: 7.3/10
9. Website Translation
Boasts state-of-the-art machine learning translation tools.
The API is relatively affordable hence ideal even for budding apps and websites.
It utilizes deep learning techniques for precise and prompt translations.
Free plan with ten requests and 15000 characters daily.
Popularity Score: 7.2/10
Summary: Best Translation APIs for Developers
|API||Main Functionality||Popularity Score||Latency||Success Rate|
|Microsoft Translator Text||Translation and pronunciation of words and names||9.7/10||1104ms||100%|
|Google Translate||Translation of texts and words||9.8/10||385ms||100%|
|NLP Translation||Translating words and texts to more than one target language||9.5/10||1680ms||96%|
|MyMemory Translation||Professional translation||9.5/10||385ms||100%|
|Language Translation||Translating short words||9/10||1680ms||96%|
|LINK Bilingual Dictionary||Translating complicated terms||8.6/10||726ms||100%|
|Simple & Elegant Translation Service||Translating phrases||7.5/10||494ms||83%|
|Deep Translate||HTML and text translation||7.3/10||374ms||88%|
|Website Translation||Simple word translations||7.2/10||2693ms||100%|
Complete List of the Best Translation APIs
- SYSTRAN.io - Translation and NLP - SYSTRAN.io platform is a collection of APIs for Translation, Multilingual Dictionary lookups, Natural Language Processing (Entity recognition, Morphological analysis, Part of Speech tagging, Language Identification…) and Text Extraction (from documents, audio files or images).
- Google Translate - Dynamically translate between languages.
- Microsoft Translator Text - An AI service from Microsoft Azure that enables you to easily conduct real-time text translation.
- MyMemory - Translation Memory - Get a better translation! MyMemory is the world's largest Translation Memory. It contains billions of words translated by professional translators. MyMemory will give you a machine translation (Google, Microsoft or our) only when a human translation is not available.
- NLP Translation - High Quality Neural Machine Translate API supported 110 languages. HTML tags is fully supported. Featured with Protected Words and Multiple Target Languages in a single request. And of course, a reasonable pricing.
- Hirak translate - Translation api, support more than 160 languages for your projects
- Language Translation - Dynamically translate between languages using advanced machine learning.
- kiaratranslate - An API for text translation from the source language to a desired target language.
- Dictionary - Dictionaries API gives you access to our world-renowned dictionary data, including definitions, translations, synonyms, and audio pronunciations.
- Simple & Elegant Translation Service - Simple & Elegant Translation Service
- Lexicala - Lexicala API is a REST interface offering access to dictionary and lexical data from our monolingual, bilingual, multilingual and learner’s dictionaries in JSON format.
- Deep Translate - Translate text and HTML between 100+ languages
- Website Translation - Dynamically translate between languages using advanced machine learning.
- Text Translation - Easily translate text between Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. Source Language is optional now.
- Translated countries - Information about countries in 81 languages
- Klingon Translator - Translate from English to Star trek Klingon language.
- Jive Translator - Translate from English to Jive. Jive talk ( or Harlem Jive) was the distintive slang which developed in Harlem, NY and subsequently adopted more widely in US. Its use peaked in 1940s.
- IBMWatsonLanguageTranslator - Automatically identify the language used in your input text
- YandexTranslate - The API provides access to the Yandex online machine translation service.
- Okchakko Translator - Translate from French to Corsican language
- linguatools translate - Looks up a word in a dictionary and returns all translations ordered by frequency. The API translates from and to German for the following languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Italian, and Czech. Possibility to filter by a word class.
- AI-Compare Translation - AI-Compare Translation API allows to use many Translation APis from different providers with a single API Token
- RushTranslate - Human powered document translation API.