Table of Contents
While the perverse proliferation of the internet has impacted every aspect of human life, it does come with several issues. One of the most significant challenges is the language barrier. With research indicating that 73% of worldwide markets prefer websites that provide content in their native language, translation of texts, websites, images, and voices from one language to the next has become imperative.
However, the process of translating a text from one language to the next is not an easy task. Luckily, tons of websites have dedicated their time to offering translation services. And to help you choose the best service among the thousands, we have combed through the internet to bring you 8 of the best translation websites.
Although the effectiveness of Google Translate largely depends on the text and language involved, it is the most popular translation website out there. The site translates between languages automatically and offers a text box that can accommodate input texts of any size. It also allows users to select the input method, keyboard option, and handwriting. The platform boasts over 100 languages and a plethora of other features, such as the ability to share, save, listening to, and copy the translated text.
Related: Google Translate API Alternatives
- Provides translation for more than 100 languages
- It is integrated with several Google products such as Chrome and multiple android apps
- Comes with sharing, listening, copying and saving features
- Offers translation for free
- Not always grammatically correct
- Frequently provides incomprehensible translations for specific languages
Yandex Translate is another top-tier platform that allows users to translate texts, websites, and even images. This site boasts an attractive interface, fast performance, and translations for several languages. Besides, the website is not only ideal for a one-time lookup but also for learning new languages. The platform has a feature that suggests fixes to bad translations and can support texts of up to 10,000 characters. Additionally, it allows you to swap between two languages with a single button.
- Boasts a spelling checker that suggests fixes for bad translations
- Supports voice input and output
- Supports text input of up to 10,000 characters
- Its photo translator only supports uploaded files and not images sourced from the internet
Powered by Microsoft, Bing Translator is another intuitive translation website that gets the work done. Boasting an eye-catching and modern interface, this platform accepts text input of up to 5,000 characters. It also comes with an auto-detect feature to help you know the source text’s original language before you translate it into another one. It also allows you to copy the translated text to the clipboard and share it on other platforms.
- Its simple interface makes it easy to use
- It provides instant translations
- It easy to copy and share a translated text from this site
- Doesn’t support many languages
Reverso is a cutting-edge website that automatically translates texts from one language to the next. The site’s most outstanding feature is the context translation. Below the translated text, there is a box that features additional examples of how the translation might have turned out if the input text was slightly different. This website also features an on-screen keyboard and allows users to listen to the translated text.
- Automatic translation of texts
- Features a spell checker
- Improves translation with ratings
- Offers audio pronunciations for most for its languages
- Translations are slow
- The platform can’t transcribe your speech into text
Translatedict is a website that provides free translation and professional translation services in 51 languages. The platform allows you to enter a word, phrase, or large text document, select the translation language and hit the translate button to see the results. If you want to hear the translated text, you just need to click the sound button.
- Boasts voice translator and text-to-speech feature
- Offers high-quality professional translation at a fee
- Boasts a word and character count feature at the bottom
- Translations for some languages are not always accurate
- Translations are available for only 50 languages
MyMemory is the world’s most extensive translation memory that provides access to billions of words that have been translated by professional translators, customers, LSPs, and multilingual web content. Using a robust matching algorithm, this API provides the best translation for your source text. Additionally, the API helps you back up memories and ensures privacy, as well as improves the quality of translations by scouring the web for bilingual documents.
- Provides reliable and relevant translations
- Guarantees safety, privacy, and confidentiality
- Offers quick and up-to-date translations
- Features billions of professionally translated words
- It can’t translate slang, nuances and other culturally relevant phrases
With over 75 languages, Babylon Translator is an excellent site that offers quite accurate translations. You can use their online platform for quick searches, or opt for the downloadable software when concerned about privacy when translating sensitive data. The platform also provides professional translator services. The website allows users to translate formal documents in their original format and also features human text to speech.
- Boasts several outstanding features such as human text to speech
- Translations for over 75 languages
- Boast an easy-to-use interface
- The downloadable software comes at a fee that starts from $9.9
While it doesn’t offer as many languages as other translation websites, PROMT Translator comes with some excellent features. These include automatic language detection, virtual keyboard, and even the ability to choose the topic for the translation. The site also allows you to check the spelling, copy, paste, and access a dictionary. It also comes with translation software that can be purchased and downloaded.
- Provides high-quality translations
- You can save, copy or paste the translated text
- Automatic language detection helps you know the exact language the input text written in before translation
- Provides translations for only 20 languages
Summary: Best Sites for Translation Services
|Google Translate||Connect to API|
|Yandex Translate||Connect to API|
|Bing Translator||Connect to the Microsoft Text Translation API|
|Reverso||Browse Translation APIs|
|Translatedict||Browse Translation APIs|
|MyMemory Translation||Connect to API|
|Babylon Translator||Browse Translation APIs|
|PROMT Online Translator||Browse Translation APIs|