In honor of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, RapidAPI interviewed four of our team members to learn about their experiences. We will be sharing their answers throughout the month!
This is our third interview featuring Nofar Rorlich, RapidAPI’s Operations and Employee Experience Manager.
1. What do you do at RapidAPI?
I am the Operations and Employee Experience Manager at the TLV Site of RapidAPI. As the operations manager, I am responsible for building a strong foundation for scale budget global procedures, salaries & working with multiple suppliers.
As the employee experience manager, I’m responsible for the employees wellbeing , starting from planning and executing an annual welfare plan, organizing wellbeing activities, improving the Israeli employer branding & other HR operations initiatives.
My biggest goal is to create strong engagement between the employees and the company. I’m glad that I have the opportunity to do so and mostly for being responsible for the employee’s well-being and satisfaction.
2. Why do you think it’s important for more women to get into the tech industry?
The tech industry is leading the commercial and financial landscapes, especially in Israel, where the high-tech industry has thrived in the past decade. So we can’t even start talking about closing the gender gaps without having women in the most important industry in the world.
Having more women in tech means having more creativity and skills in the field that is always looking for better ways and innovative solutions.
Different people (and genders) tend to think differently, and we need such variety to see the whole picture from different angles for product, process, and company.
3. What advice would you give to someone looking to get into your field?
My persistence is what brought me to where I am today. So my pieces of advice are these :
- Don’t be afraid to start from a starting position
“There is no such thing as a small part…”
- Never give up, even when you keep hearing “No”s. Instead, try to learn and improve from them.
- Constantly seek to learn and improve, whether it is through professional groups on social networks, LinkedIn, Professional Courses, and meet-ups.
- Boost your LinkedIn profile
- Networking, networking, networking! Expand your social circles.
4. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
On summer days you will usually find me at the beach 🙂
In general, I love drinking white wine with friends, doing pilates, going out to great restaurants with my husband in the best city ever — TLV, and traveling in Israel and abroad.