What is a TTS API?
A text to speech (TTS) API is a collection of commands in a given coding language that grabs written text and synthesizes it to human-like speech.
- Developers apply TTS APIs in creating website plugins and mobile applications that help in converting text into speech.
- People with reading challenges use the API to help them understand the text. Persons with visual impairments use the APIs to access text and interpret figures.
- The customer support department uses the APIs to automate responses for FAQs conversationally.
- Website owners utilize the API to reach many people with various needs and challenges.
- Organizations, companies, and legal institutions utilize the API for easy documentation of files without alterations.
Other best text to speech API alternatives include:
- Blogcast: Best for blogs and articles.
- Phonetic Bad Word Filter: Removes offensive English swear words.
- CloudPronouncer: Best for translations of text to audio
There are hundreds of text to speech API alternatives, but these are the top-notch APIs that you should consider.