100%

Health Check

100%

Zurück zu allen Diskussionen

Destination ID vs City Names

Rapid account: Codethatsimi
codethatsimi
il y a 3 ans
Thanks for this API, it's really helping out in a school project. I was wondering is it possible to search for detination by city name? It seems the default destination is set as an integer to Moscow, Russia.. but ideally would like the usercase to be able to search for other cities. Thanks
Rapid account: Dorianharris
dorianharris Commented il y a 3 ans

I had the same issue. To run a hotel search you need a destination_ID. But users don’t know the destination_ID, they want to enter a city name.

To find the city names, I first need to run a location query, which does accept city names, and also returns the destination_id to use in the hotel search.

In other words its possible to get the destination_id for a hotel search using a city text query but it requires a separate search and data mapping. It would be good if it was possible simply to run a hotel search using either destination_id and / or city name (as text).

Rapid account: Tipsters
tipsters Commented il y a 3 ans

What endpoint are you having a problem with?
Can you describe the problem in more detail, I cannot understand what is missing?
Can you try this endpoint https://hotels-com-provider.p.rapidapi.com/v1/destinations/search

Rapid account: Codethatsimi
codethatsimi Commented il y a 3 ans

Hi thanks for your reply but can you tell me how to search for destination using city name instead of destination_ID? when i try to use city name, I get an error requesting for destination ID number. thanks

Point @Search destinations by query -> v1/destinations/search

Yes of course. Check points. Here is https://rapidapi.com/tipsters/api/hotels-com-provider

Nehmen Sie an der Diskussion teil - fügen Sie unten einen Kommentar hinzu:

Anmelden / Registrieren, um neue Kommentare zu veröffentlichen