100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Question about changes to the api

Rapid account: Graphic Design Elite
GraphicDesignElite
9 years ago

I have used one of your apis for one of my clients websites. In the last few days it stopped working all together. Are there any changes to the api I should be aware of or any issues with my account?

GraphicDesignElite Commented 9 years ago

Oh… Ok. Weird. I initially entered a card to be subscribed in the first place. I guess i need to re enter it again… It still shows be subscribed to free. Ill take care of it in the next few hours when i get access to my card

Rapid account: Domainr
domainr Commented 9 years ago

Hi there,

I just received this from Mashape support: “User GraphicDesignElite does not has any Credit card info registered on their account.”

Can you double-check this, and subscribe to one of our pricing plans? (the free one is fine)

Thanks,
-Eric

Great! Sorry for the trouble, happy to help.

Thank you so much, its now working. I really appreciate you spending the time to help me out this was a pretty big problem for me. It is a great api Im very happy to use it.

Try now — for some reason your account was marked as “suspended” in the Mashape UI. I’m contacting them about it, because we didn’t change anything on our side.

Apologies for the trouble!

Ah ok. I’m looking into it. You shouldn’t need to create a second account.

Yes I do, I entered it a few months ago and the card is still active. I was perplexed as well, something must be going on with my account. Do you have any suggestions? I could re sign up with another account and reenter my account but that seems messy, id have two active accounts… Its weird that it just stopped on the 5th, i was seeing activity ( minimal but some ) through the api until then. If i click on pricing up above, it shows me as subscribed to the free plan still

Hmm, do you have a credit card associated with your Mashape account, and the Domainr API pricing plan? Even the free tier requires a credit card, in case there are overages.

To further clarify
"message": “You’re not allowed to consume the API. Contact the API provider.”

I get this message when attempting to test with my mashape key from within mashape as well. I then created a second application and generated keys, and tried to authenticate with that, same result. The last successful call was made on the 5th, so it just stopped working yesterday. None of the code that was being used has been altered. Thank you very much for the help by the way.

Sure, I can get you that exact info when i return to my system. After looking deeper I noticed that Im able to connect, but when I look at the object returned it contains something along the lines of “you are not allowed to consume this api” if that helps, so my thought is its related to my keys or account in some way

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments