100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Tickers and symbols

Rapid account: Sydney Capital
SydneyCapital
il y a 10 mois

Hi there, I am looking to use this service to et some prices for a list of stocks on a specified date. The stocks are based in Europe and are from different exchanges ranging from the UK to the Nordics. Is there a list of codes for all the companies somewhere or a place where i can find the tickers you have for specific companies without having to search query each one individually?

Thanks

Rapid account: Dubois 4 And
dubois4and Commented il y a 10 mois

Dear User,
Apologies for any inconvenience. The availability of intraday data might vary depending on the ticker’s historical archive. Please try adjusting the ‘from’ parameter date. In case of DHER.DE can you try :
querystring = {
“symbol”:“DHER.DE”,
“from”:“2022-04-21 08:00”,
“to”:“2022-04-21 20:00”,
“interval”:“1”,
“adjust”:“false”
}

Best,
Your Support Team

Rapid account: Sydney Capital
SydneyCapital Commented il y a 10 mois

Thanks for the response.

Tickers from European countries don’t seem to work apart from the UK. I even tried DHER.DE that you suggested and it returns nothing - to confirm im on the intraday equity section.

Please advise

Rapid account: Dubois 4 And
dubois4and Commented il y a 10 mois

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, there isn’t a precompiled list of all available stock tickers across all exchanges, but you can generate a list of tickers for non-US stocks using a combination of the ticker pattern and the country notation. Here is a simple guide:

The typical ticker pattern for non-US stocks is as follows: {TICKER}.{EXCHANGE}

The exchange is typically a two-letter code indicating the country where the exchange is located:

• UK - .L

• Germany - .DE

• Canada - .TO

• Australia - .AX

• France - .PA

For example, if you wanted the ticker for Vodafone Group Plc in the UK, it would be VOD.L. If you’re looking for Delivery Hero SE in Germany, it would be DHER.DE.

To obtain the ticker symbol for a specific company, you would have to use the lookup endpoint in the API, by inputting the company’s name or partial name. This would return the company’s ticker symbol, which you can then combine with the country notation as shown above.

While we understand this could involve a bit of manual searching, it’s currently the most reliable way to get accurate ticker information for non-US companies.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments