99%

Health Check

N/A

Volver a todas las conversaciones

Incorrect Expiration Dates

Rapid account: Torx
torx
7 years ago

Hello again! I’ve been using this API for several weeks now, and for the most part, it’s terrific! I’ve started noticing however, some expiration dates seem to not be correct. For example, when I test the endpoint (here at market.mashape.com) for the domain lifestylehomebuilders.com, the expiration date returned is 5/24/17. But if I head over to who.godaddy.com and do a lookup for the same domain, the expiration date is actually 5/24/18. This is happening for several domains… not just lifestylehomebuilders.com. My first thought was that there might be a 24-to-48-hour window for domain renewals to propagate, but I’ve been encountering this issue for 1-2 weeks now. Any ideas? Thank you!

Rapid account: Torx
torx Commented 7 years ago

Terrific! Thank you very much for your explanation and your willingness to revise the cache period. Much appreciated!

Rapid account: Moneals
moneals Commented 7 years ago

Hi torx. My original use case for creating this API was focused on domains that were expired or about to expire. By design I cached expiration dates up until the point when they might expire. If they were renewed well before the expiration date then the cached expiration date might have grown stale. However, any domains that are within a day of their cached expiration date would always get updated.

Based on your feedback I shortened the cache period for “non expiring domains” to 48 hours. I did a quick test on lifestylehomebuilders.com and see the updated expiration date. The other behavior remains the same - any available domains and domains expiring within 24 hours have real-time updates to the expiration date.

Únase a la conversación, añada un comentario a continuación:

Inicie sesió/Regístrese para publicar nuevos comentarios