99%

Health Check

N/A

Volver a todas las conversaciones

POST methods for QR generation are not working

Rapid account: Wmclaxton
wmclaxton
3 years ago

When I try ‘test endpoint’ I get 500 Internal Server Error and ‘invalid JSON’.

wmclaxton Commented 3 years ago

Noted, thanks.

Rapid account: Qrcode Monkey
qrcode-monkey Commented 3 years ago

Thanks for your input regarding the documentation!

As a said in the other discussion, there is a limit of design features which we can add to one QR code without breaking it. Unfortunately you can’t have all design options without risking to make the code unreadable.

@qrcode-monkey, you said: “transparent API is totally different way to generate QR codes. So there is no shapes and custom corner elements”. That’s unfortunate, because it’s impossible to control eye color or shape. This is what originally attracted us to try your APIs.

You said: “For details about the API have a look here: https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/qr-code-api-with-logo/”. I suggest you add a line in the list of supported parameters for “Create Transparent QR Code” and this like should read: “CONFIG is not supported”. Would save developers wasting time by wrongly assuming your APIs are fairly consistent.

You said: “there are issues on the RapidAPI side with the way we return images”. Since you mention it, upload image uses the field ‘file’ to hold the name of the returned file object. In qr/custom and qr/transparent, the field file is defined as “The output file format for your QR code”. That’s confusing. You should consider changing that field to the name ‘format’ or at least document the confusing use of terms.

Finally, the “feel free to get in touch with us” link on the API page is broken and does not work.

I just saw that RapidAPI broke the example request (the simply removed the body JSON 😮). For details about the API have a look here: https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/qr-code-api-with-logo/

Sorry for the delay, the transparent API is totally different way to generate QR codes. So there is no shapes and custom corner elements. Regarding POST requests for the transparent QR code API: did you only use the RapidAPI for testing or also your own code? I know that there are issues on the RapidAPI side with the way we return images.

The GET methods work, and POST file upload works. But the transparency API does not seem to support the same features as custom API. Which is unfortunate because logo overlay rather than insertion is what made me try using QRcode Monkey in the first place.

Rapid account: Rjbodewes
rjbodewes Commented 3 years ago

Yeah none of the post methods are working for me either…

Únase a la conversación, añada un comentario a continuación:

Inicie sesió/Regístrese para publicar nuevos comentarios