100%

Volver a todas las conversaciones

City duplicates

Hi again!
Here is the list of discovered duplicates:

1. Munich/München (maybe fixed already)
  2. Turin/Torino
  3. Seville/Sevilla
  4. Stuttgart/Stuttgart (duplicate of same name what I can see)

Thank you!

Rapid account: Wirefreethought
wirefreethought Commented a year ago

The Speyer dup as well other similar situations should now be resolved. I will post a general announcement about the import improvements later this week.

@dieBestenderStadt I’m currently testing out some import improvements that should drastically (or even completely) remove same-name dups. May need a few more days to test. Will post back here once deployed.

I will have a look at the two Speyers. The existing logic should remove one of them. The other ‘dups’ having different names will not be possible to easily dedup. You can propose an edit to the relevant Wikidata entry to deprecate one or the other.

Rapid account: Die Bestender Stadt
dieBestenderStadt Commented a year ago

I’m also having problems with duplicates, for example

Speyer - just a complete duplicate of an entry, just with 2 different Wikidata-ID’s

Or

“Kreisfreie Stadt Neustadt an der Weinstraße” and “Neustadt an der Weinstraße” which are apart from the name again complete duplicates. And even then, what I would normally want is just “Neustadt”

I really like your API but these are some problems hindering from buying a pro subscription

1. Wikidata considers Torino a municipality seat contained by Turin and therefore distinct from it. I have excluded it in this case, as promised, but I’m not convinced I should be doing so in the future. If they are distinct entities in Wikidata, they should probably be listed by the service.
  2. Having said that, Sevilla has been excluded
  3. Stuttgart dup is fixed
Rapid account: Anderstjernblom 8 I Kv Zx BE 8 P
anderstjernblom-8IKv_zxBE8P Commented a year ago

Thanks! Torino is still present. Any ETA?

1. Already fixed
  2. Will exclude Torino
  3. Will exclude Sevilla
  4. This is an interesting case. Stuttgart at one point was tied to an old Geonames iD. The GN ID changed, generating a new entry - but the import process never cleaned out the old one. Will update the import to purge orphaned entries.

Stay tuned.

Únase a la conversación, añada un comentario a continuación:

Inicie sesió/Regístrese para publicar nuevos comentarios