9.8 / 10

Latency

2,345ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

The api is not working well... you have issues that havn't been fixed in last 2+ months.

Rapid account: Dragosciovan
dragosciovan
2 anni fa

Your FollowingByUsername method doesnt work, it gives off an error. And to use the FollowingById instead, you first need to get the Id… which means I need 2 requests at the same time, and your api only allows 1 request per second.

So this is a circle of death sort of speak. It doesnt work in any way.

The only way to use the Followers method is to place a programmatic delay between the GetUserId and GetFollowingById. Which is a hack, at most.

Rapid account: Tallesamadeu
tallesamadeu Commented 2 anni fa

This has been happening to me but in getuserprofile.

Sometimes it works, but mostly it’s not working.

It doesn’t even work in your own example with therock’s profile.

Get this error:

{
“error”: true,
“username”: “therock”,
“errCode”: “ERF”,
“status”: 400,
“message”: “Not Found, please check username”,
“not_found”: true
}

Despite the message saying the status is 400, it’s actually 200, so the API is being consumed everytime I get an error and it accounts to my usage

What’s going on?

dragosciovan Commented 2 anni fa

Got to “getfollowing by username” method. in the endpoint tester. Enter any username and it gives you the following error:

{4 items
"id":“dragosiovan”
“error”:true
"status":400
"message":“Sorry cant find that 😦”
}

It gives the same error indifferent of what username you use. Not just for “the rock”.

Rapid account: Fariswdcash 434 L 2 ELS 8 Qx
fariswdcash-434L2ELS8qx Commented 2 anni fa

Hi Dragosciovan,

Please inform the error detail for FollowingByUsername endpoint, because we just check on it, it is normal for “therock” username.
What is the username and what kind of error. You can message me privately if there is sensitive username.

For removing 1 request/second in our team still find a solution for it, but we can’t guarantee will take out the 1s limit in the future.

BR,
Capung GGWP

dragosciovan Commented 2 anni fa

Please maintain your api, I have been losing clients because of this hidden error, that took me weeks to find out the cause.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments