Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Information for Shopify Plus Merchant

Rapid account: Mcculloughk
mcculloughk
8 years ago

Hi Telize support!

My name is Kaitlyn and Iโ€™m a part of the Shopify Plus Account Management team. Iโ€™m reaching out on behalf of my client at Design Corse (designcorse.com) who is currently using a free geolocation IP API solution which automatically selects the appropriate currency based on customersโ€™ location. However, this had recently been slowing down the site, and wouldnโ€™t load any earlier than 4 seconds or more. This has since been disabled, but the currency selector is still available.

https://screenshot.click/2016-02-19_14-32-03.png

What Design Corse is looking to do is have this function once more (so for example, when I view from Canada I automatically see CAD for the currency selector), but without the delay. We are looking to gather more information on how Telize would work and if it would be a good fit for Design Corse. Currently they are looking into the PRO plan.

Let me know the best way for me to connect you with my client so we can discuss details and how to move forward on the best plan for them.

Thanks!

Kaitlyn
*Feel free to email me directly kaitlyn.mccullough@shopify.com

Rapid account: Fcambus
fcambus Commented 8 years ago

Hi Kaitlyn,

Yes, Telize allows to get visitors country so it can be used in the way you describe.

For example, this is what Telize answers for IP 54.86.225.32 :

{
	"offset": "-4",
	"longitude": -77.4875,
	"city": "Ashburn",
	"timezone": "America/New_York",
	"latitude": 39.0437,
	"area_code": "0",
	"region": "Virginia",
	"dma_code": "0",
	"organization": "AS14618 Amazon.com, Inc.",
	"country": "United States",
	"ip": "54.86.225.32",
	"country_code3": "USA",
	"postal_code": "20147",
	"continent_code": "NA",
	"country_code": "US",
	"region_code": "VA"
}

All client support happens here on Mashape : https://market.mashape.com/fcambus/telize/support

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments