100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Using lots more calls than website visitors

Rapid account: Carvue
carvue
8 years ago

We installed the Telize geolocation API on www.carvue.com yesterday and had 394 total unique visitors. But I had an alert after an hour or so saying we’d reached almost our daily limit of 1,000 calls. Same thing today (6th) - Had an alert after 7 hours saying it had been 85% reached yet we’ve only had 93 unique users so far. We’ve built the site in such a way that each unique visit should only require one API call. I’ve spoken to our website dev team and waiting for their response, but can you look into this and tell me how we are managing to use 200+ calls per hour from just 20 users? Many thanks, Alex

Rapid account: Fcambus
fcambus Commented 8 years ago

Hello,

Requests are counted by Mashape proxies, they use Kong for API management.

If you are confident those requests are not coming from your production website, then they could be coming from your developer machines, staging environments, continuous integration tests and so far and so on.

Regards.

Rapid account: Carvue
carvue Commented 8 years ago

According to your stats, we used 4,300 requests already today. Our website is showing 62 unique visits so far, of which 70% are new and would therefore perform a geo request. Our web team have informed me it should only be performing the request for new users, and only on the homepage, plus we have code in place for bots to be excluded. Can you explain how this total is achieved? If we can’t get this resolved in the next day or so, we will need to look at alternate solutions.

Rapid account: Fcambus
fcambus Commented 8 years ago

Hello,

From what I can see on my side, you made 5078 requests yesterday (April 5th). For information, today shows 3170 requests. You can check your usage in the the Analytics section of your account, changing view to “Last Month” will show you daily totals.

I’m not sure what is causing the difference you are seeing. That could be caused by various crawlers and robots indexing and accessing your pages.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments