Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

about API requests

Rapid account: Locaboat
Locaboat
vor 8 Jahren

Hello,

I have implemented your API on my website and I have asked my agency to save the result of the geo API into the session var.

Then I have compared my analytics sessions with the number of requests in your dashboard.

1. If it is well set up, I should have more or less as many sessions as API requests

2. If it is not well set up, I should have roughly my page views equal to the requests.

The problem is sometimes is close to my sessions and sometimes my page views. For example no clues why I have 500 requests at 3PM today (nothing compared to my analytics figures)

Would you mind to give me some clues or check my website http://www.locaboat.com/fr/ ?

Btw, what would happened if Iโ€™m spammed with a bot loading thousand times my website ?

Thank you.

Rapid account: Fcambus
fcambus Commented vor 8 Jahren

Hello,

Iโ€™m not sure what is causing the difference you are seeing. That could be caused by various crawlers and robots indexing and accessing your pages. What analytics solution do you use? Does your agency remove the production key when doing local development work?

Regarding your question about spamming bot, you can cache replies locally in order to avoid unnecessary requests, we donโ€™t disallow it.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments