Health Check

N/A

חזרה לכל הדיונים

Get all episodes for actor in production

Rapid account: Ryan Bannon
ryan.bannon
3 years ago
Hi,

I'm trying to build something where, given an actor's IMDb ID, I gather all the episodic TV episodes they've been in. Unfortunately, `get-all-filmography` only returns the first 6 they've been in per production; if they've been in more, I have to search all the episodes for a production until I've found all their appearances (by searching the cast for each episode).

Is there an easier way?

Tx,

Ryan
Rapid account: Simifilm JKXV 3 Im 5 V 6 D
simifilm-JKXV3im5V6d Commented 2 years ago

Is there a chance that the same functionality is implemented for directors? At the moment, the numbers of episodes directed by a director listed with …actors/get-all-filmography is limited to five. There is basically no way than going through each individual episode to find out whether it was directed by a specific director. And …/actors/get-filmography-appearances does not seem to work with directors.

Can this be implemented for directors?

ryan.bannon Commented 2 years ago

THANKS! THAT’S GREAT!

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 years ago

Hello,

We have released a new endpoint which is …/actors/get-filmography-appearances

Regards.

Thank you!

Hello,

I will forward your request to our IT team for review. You will receive notification if there is any new endpoint releases in the future.

Regards.

A better example:

Actor: John de Lancie (nm0209496)
Credit: Star Trek: The Next Generation (tt0092455)

I want to get the ID of every episode John de Lancie was in for Star Trek: The Next Generation. So, I call:

• …/get-all-filmography?nconst=nm0209496

I parse the results for credit tt0092455. Filmography 124 (tt0092455) shows he was in 8 episodes. BUT WHICH 8 EPISODES? Only 5 are returned! In order to find out, I would HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL EPISODES OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION! 😦

Or…

There could be an API call that uses the link I provided:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209496/episodes/_ajax?title=tt0092455&category=actor&ref_marker=nm_flmg_act_72&start_index=0

Exactly what I need!

(Hell, maybe I should just consider hitting imdb directly instead of this API for this info.)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. However, I do not believe you understood what I was asking.

I am not asking for a list of an actor’s full credits. I am asking for an actor’s list of episodes they appeared in for one of those credits.

For example: Brent Spiner (nm0000653). Yes, ‘get-all-filmography’ lists all “credits”. But, look at credit 71 (Star Trek: The Next Generation). It only shows 5 episodes of 176 episodes he appeared in. I want to get all the episodes that he appeared it for one of his credit listings. If there are more than 5 – that is, if there are more than is listed in get-all-filmography – I have to get-full-credits of EVERY EPISODE and parse it for his name. What you showed in your previous post was what I had already explained in my first post.

I have shown you that there is a way to get the information I asked for (per your request earlier in this thread). For example, for Brent Spiner (nm0000653), if I want all episodes he appeared in for credit tt0092455:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000653/episodes/_ajax?title=tt0092455&category=actor&ref_marker=nm_flmg_act_72&start_index=0

I believe this could be integrated into your API.

tl;dr The response you provided does not help; you just restated the issue I am trying to resolve. The solution you could integrate into your API is provided here and in my previous post.

Tx,

Ryan

Hello,

There is …/title/get-full-credits. You may try it.
The endpoint …/actors/get-all-filmography?nconst=nm0000653 returns all 165 items of filmography for Brent Spiner. You should check the official site for available filmography and the result should be as same as our API.

Regards.

הצטרף לדיון - הוסף תגובה למטה:

התחבר / הירשם כדי לפרסם תגובות חדשות