9.6 / 10

חֶבִיוֹן

227ms

רמת שירות

100%

Health Check

N/A

חזרה לכל הדיונים

Error codes possible or when free calls are over?

Rapid account: Dannymh
Dannymh
7 years ago

Hi,

I am in the process of writing a plugin for a number of systems which will refer a lot of people to take up a TwinWord subscription. However I want to provide the ability for the tool to say “You have reached the limit of your free plan”

The easiest way to do this would be to add some message to the API such as “message: calls used” which would allow me to run a check and have them defer, switch off or hold off until they have room under their given cap again. I just want to add that failsafe in there so it isn’t manually charged. Even under Pay as You go it would be nice to provide a limit for the users built into the tool I am writing so that they can defer or switch of functions

Is that possible? All I see in the documentation are 200 codes and “:Success” but no documentation on failure notices

Rapid account: Twinword
twinword Commented 7 years ago

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, no error will come through as long as they are subscribed to the plan, regardless if they have exceeded the free amount. If you have any more questions, please feel free to update us.

Furthermore, if you are looking for exposure for your plugin/app when launched, shoot us an email at help@twinword.com and we will be glad to see if we can distribute the launch via our own social and press channels.

Happy coding,

Team Twinword

Rapid account: Dannymh
Dannymh Commented 7 years ago

Thank you, and I know they have to have a CC and their own account. I signed up for your gosumo affiliate so I can refer people through there to get their access.

If no error comes through and they just get billed that is fine, I dont have to code for it, just warn them. I will self track in the app too

Dan

Rapid account: Twinword
twinword Commented 7 years ago

Hi Dannymh,

Thank you for your interest. We are delighted to hear you are interested in writing a plugin for our API.

Unfortunately, Mashape (the API marketplace) handles all the logistics from billing to metering. We have no way to tell if a request is from one user or another. From our point of view, all requests come from Mashape.

I also tried searching Mashape and could not find any APIs where you can ping your current usage.

Please take into consideration that for your plugin users to use our APIs, they would need to create their own account on Mashape, add a credit card, subscribe to our plan, and then include their authorization key in the plugin calls. All this is required by Mashape before beginning usage of any Freemium/Paid APIs. These are requirements of Mashape and not us.

However, if you are looking for a custom enterprise solution for your specific plugin, please contact us at help@twinword.com for a custom solution. We can set up an endpoint or server for you to send your plugin request directly to us.

Please feel free to contact us anytime.

Sincerely,

Team Twinword

הצטרף לדיון - הוסף תגובה למטה:

התחבר / הירשם כדי לפרסם תגובות חדשות