100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Live scores

Rapid account: Nadam
nadam
8 years ago

Is it possible to use this API to get live scores and other live data during the games of a single team? Would I need to use long polling or are there any alternatives? Would the free tier be enough for this?

Rapid account: Heisenbug
heisenbug Commented 8 years ago

However it’s a pretty interesting feature, for sure we’ll do something about before next season start.

This feature however could have a sense only for few APIs with few events ex.goals, as the others, ex.match or player statistics, have an update every 60seconds from match start.

We’ll do some reasoning about,
the roadmap for next weeks is already traced with a lot of features to deliver, but maybe after those we could start with this one too. For now it 's all I can say…
stay tuned.
Have a nice day.

nadam Commented 8 years ago

Making hundreds of calls during a game is not very efficient though. I would prefer if I could supply a callback URL and then your server calls this URL when something happens. You can find an example of this in the Telegram documentation.
https://core.telegram.org/bots/api#setwebhook
Maybe you can do something similar.

Indeed, live reporting is what we want make possible with our plans review as it has been one of the most requested features this season.
Next days we should come out with new plans that should let you to do polling at an affordable price;
we have not fixed prices subscriptions and quotas yet but we are thinking about 5000 calls per month with the starting paid subscription (PRO).
Stay tuned.

nadam Commented 8 years ago

This means that live reporting is not possible with the API or it will be quite expensive. If I want to send messages to the fans in real-time I need to make many requests. Do you have any plans to provide the match data by callback messages or instant messenger, for instance Telegram?

Hi nadam,
thanks for your interest in this API, we appreciate this a lot.
As for your questions,
-Is it possible to use this API to get live scores and other live data during the games of a single team?
Of course it is, you can use for example the /live/bundesliga/match/stats API passing the team1 and team2 parameters to inspect teams stats with live updates, or query the live/bundesliga/match/player API passing team1, team2 and player name to inspect player stats live.
To find out which values you have to use for team1,team2 and player name you can query the ‘week matches’ and the ‘Lineups and substitutes’ APIs

-Would I need to use long polling or are there any alternatives?
Long polling is not a solution at the moment as our server return a timeout if response take more than 30s (that it could be take in heavy times, however server errors aren’t count to compute the total number of queries done in a month)

Would the free tier be enough for this?
The free package is usually for testing purpose, using it regularly could lead at an huge amount to pay at the end of the month, take in mind however that at the end of this week we should review all our plans for the next season).

If you have any other doubt simply ask,
and don’t forget to follow us to be update on promotions, new features release or whatever,
we hope to have you abroad soon.
Have a nice day.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments