Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Integration Viability

Rapid account: Silkstartdev
silkstartdev
9 anni fa

Hello,

I’m Paul, a developer with SilkStart (http://www.silkstart.com). We’re looking for an image gallery API to integrate with our service, and I’m just wondering if you have any feedback on the idea.

A big part of what we do is website creation and management. We have our own CMS, but we don’t yet have great image gallery management (actually we have none). I think integrating with Imgur’s API would be a good idea, but I wonder what you think. Here’s my idea:

Our clients create an account with Imgur. They upload their photos into different albums, arrange the photos, title them, etc. They then enter their Imgur username as a setting in our software. Using the imgurpython library (which is great by the way), we would grab the albums associated with the account, and display their cover photos as links to galleries. When the user clicks the galleries, it links to another page on our client’s site, where we grab the album images (based on the album id) from Imgur and display them all.

Do you see any issues with that? Are there any legalities I’m not thinking of? I’ve seen the Imgur pricing page on Mashape, and it seems quite reasonable given what we want to do.

Thanks for reading this far. I really appreciate any feedback you can give.

Cheers,
Paul

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments