99%

Health Check

100%

Torna a tutte le discussioni

How to scrape images?

Rapid account: Dragosciovan
dragosciovan
6 months ago
Hello. I tried test on scraping profile, and it shows avatar urls but when I access it (tiktok cdn), it says Access Denied

So, how can I get the images?

Iโ€™d like to subscribe to your api. but this is the main thing I need it for. (scraping profile images).

Do I need a proxy or something?

Rapid account: Ponds 4552
ponds4552 Commented 6 months ago

Hi. I cannot tell exactly why specific link did not work, as it could be many factors, including tiktok servers availability, whether link was opened instantly or expired then, and many other

But you should consider using proxies for this sort of task anyway, and adjust the pool size if error rate is too high
Also I suggest to check links availability in the same environment where your code is being executed, as in different networks results could differ, especially when talking about hosting IPโ€™s clearness

Then test subset of big enough sized (letโ€™s say 10% of your planned load) links recently received from our APIโ€™s response. In case of 100% error rate reach back to us with specifics

Rapid account: Dragosciovan
dragosciovan Commented 6 months ago

Hello! Thanks for the prompt answer. Iโ€™ve used your api before. I think I was subscribed for over a year actually. But I used it for a different purpose. I remember everything worked well. So congrats for that.

To get back to my question, If I understood what youโ€™re saying correctly, you are saying I am rate limited or geographically limited. But this is not the case. I have access to tiktok through the app/website on my account/s. So I am not limited in any way. But I just visited the profile pic url in the api repsponse and it seems it doesnt let me see the image. Just says access denied for some reason. That was the question. If there is any special method to accesing their cdn to download the profile pics that I am not aware of. Can you give me any hint as to how I could do this. (Note: I am a software developer").

Thanks in advance, all the best!

Rapid account: Ponds 4552
ponds4552 Commented 6 months ago

Our API is primarily serves as proxy interface to TikTok data, so that you donโ€™t need to worry about many nuances of parsing and software maintenance

Your intents of usage data we provide, including urls contained in http responses, are outside of our problem solving scope

To address this specific question about accessing tiktok images, you should rely on basic http rate-limit principles, and yes - one of solutions is to use proxies to avoid such limits. Especially if the region where you access this data from is not supported by TikTok

Partecipa alla discussione - aggiungi un commento di seguito:

Accedi/Iscriviti per pubblicare nuovi commenti