Health Check

100%

すべてのディスカッションに戻る

Inquiry Regarding Removal of Country Data from SimilarWeb API Response

Rapid account: Walnutfolks 123
walnutfolks123
3 месяца назад

Hey,

I am writing to provide feedback regarding our recent experience using your SimilarWeb API.

We have been utilizing your API extensively to gather valuable insights for our operations. While the API has been instrumental in providing us with the necessary data, we have encountered a challenge that we believe requires your attention.

Despite our efforts to exclude country-related data from the API response by setting the “exclude_countries” parameter to True, we have noticed that country-specific information continues to be included in the response. This poses a significant challenge for us as it complicates our data processing efforts, occupies a lot of space and results in unnecessary overhead.

We kindly request your assistance in addressing this issue. If we are able to exclude this from the API response It would greatly enhance the usability and efficiency of your API and my application, can you help me on exclude country data from the response when it is not explicitly required.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt response. Thank you for your support.

Warm regards,
Reegun Rufus G

Rapid account: Dataocean
dataocean Commented 3 месяца назад

Hey!
We’ve added the “exclude-countries” option to the API

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ga44v1glok112idomc3jx/sw_countries_removed.png?rlkey=u7r83ht8r32nqxrjsfhe12dxc

When you send “true”, the JSON response will not contain Countries.

Have a good day!

Rapid account: Walnutfolks 123
walnutfolks123 Commented 3 месяца назад

WORKS! Thank you. Once done, Kindly give me a confirmation message.

Rapid account: Dataocean
dataocean Commented 3 месяца назад

Hi! Thanks for the information.

If I understood correctly, you do NOT want to have Countries in the response, which is this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2dijibw6uv9pfvmk23vsy/sw_countries.png?rlkey=wzqmke40t3cpqlepszpkye4bs

If so, no problem, we will add a special parameter during the API call: Exclude Countries
Set to True, it will return an empty Countries or it will disappear completely.

Would that be ok for you?

Best regards

ディスカッションに参加しましょう-以下にコメントを追加してください:

ログイン/サインアップして新しいコメントを投稿