9.7 / 10

レイテンシー

40ms

サービスレベル

100%

Health Check

N/A

すべてのディスカッションに戻る

Is there a limit to the number of cities that are being returned?

Rapid account: Spectrum 7 Admin
spectrum7-admin
2 years ago

Whenever I query for a list of cities for a specific state of a country, I get only 250 items. IS there a way that this can be overridden?

Rapid account: Kgkarski
kgkarski Commented 2 years ago

The limit of results has been incrased to 1000.

I would also recommend to include the “sort” parameter and sort on “population” to get the largest cities in the list first as it’s more probable your user is in a larger city than a smaller one.

spectrum-7-admin, one suggestion I can provide at this time is to use the “prefix” query param which does a “starts with” search on name in your chosen language. So, as your user starts typing, you can re-query the API for all cities or states which starts with the character(s) your user has entered and then get a new list of max 250 cities. Would that work?

spectrum7-admin Commented 2 years ago

I have been waiting for more than 20 days to know if this issue can be resolved or not. Request an update.

any updates

I need to let the user choose country and then the state and then the city. Since this is getting limited, the user is not able to view all the cities associated with a state. Can it be overridden?
Regards

yes, currently the api is limited to this count due to past scraping activity. however, open to discussing overrides. would love to know your use case?

ディスカッションに参加しましょう-以下にコメントを追加してください:

ログイン/サインアップして新しいコメントを投稿