Health Check

N/A

모든 토론으로 돌아가기

Applied Studies with Botometer

Rapid account: Ivarnils
ivarnils
3 years ago

Hi,

I have testet three datasets with Botometer and meassured the percentage of the accounts that had a botmeter score above 3.

• In dataset one 4.9 % of the account scored above 3.
  • In dataset two 5.6 % of the account scored above 3.
  • In dataset three 15.9 % of the account scored above 3.

The third dataset seems quite more “robotic” than the others. But my question is how much more? Is 15.9% accounts many, compared to what is expected?

I have seen many studies discussing the precision of Botometer, but I am more interested in applied studies to be able to compare my results. Any suggestions?

Best regards

Rapid account: O So Me
OSoMe Commented 3 years ago

It is hard to tell because “what is expected” depends largely on the domains of your datasets. We advise that you inspect these accounts to gauge these percentages and determine how to interpret them.

Comparing the percentages (or better, the distributions) of the different groups is IMHO much more meaningful than labeling individual accounts. You may not be able to say “dataset 3 has high bot activity”, but you should be able to say “dataset 3 displays higher levels of automation than dataset 1”.

Finally, the score threshold of 3 is somewhat arbitrary. Consider setting a threshold on the CAP, so that it is easier to interpret (as a p-value) as explained in the FAQ on the Botometer website.

Hope this helps,
-Botometer Team

아래에 의견을 추가하고 토론에 참여하세요.

새 댓글을 게시하려면 로그인 / 가입