100%

Health Check

N/A

모든 토론으로 돌아가기

EOT Won't Convert

Rapid account: Dovy
dovy
10 years ago

You have a bug with your EOT to TTF conversion. Every other font works fine, but EOT.

This happens on your site and through the API. The zip comes down, but the fonts-converted directory is empty.

Love your service. I’m integrating it into a product and forcing users to get their own API key. 😉

Rapid account: Warting
warting Commented 9 years ago

Its now possible to convert EOT files to any format!

Note that EOT file will first be converted to ttf before converting to any other format

Rapid account: Warting
warting Commented 9 years ago

I don’t have any tools nessecsary to decode a EOT file (If you find a tool like this, please let us know!)
First and formost I don’t have any windows machine to accomplish what Moti Joseph did

EOT is a Microsoft thing, and it appears to be somewhat proprietary and locked down to discourage reverse-engineering. From the Wikipedia article:

Embedded OpenType includes features to discourage copying. Subsetting reduces the value of copying, as subsetted fonts will typically omit more than half of the characters. Other copy protection measures used are encryption and a list of “trusted roots” at the source end, and a proprietary decrypting DLL at the receiving end.

So, even if you can convert, you’re probably not supposed to and you’re probably not going to get every glyph that was in the original typeface.

Here’s the dated resource that I was able to find - they point out that they weren’t able to find any resources that reverse-engineer EOT files. So, they hunt through DLLs to see how Internet Explorer parses EOT files, and then hook into that method to achieve what they want. A bit over my head, but it might be useful to you.

You’re better off talking to the person who provided you the font and explaining that you can’t work with EOT. Even if that reverse engineering method works, you’re probably not going to get the whole font and you might be violating someone’s Terms of Service (the font’s or Microsoft’s). There are probably very few legit reasons that he or she would only have the font in that format.

ref - http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/posts/16237/edit

Rapid account: Nickwpa
nickwpa Commented 9 years ago

I am having the exact same issue, TTF, OTF, WOFF all converting fine but EOT is refusing to convert with this error message:

“Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘failed creating formpost data’”

It would be very helpful if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

아래에 의견을 추가하고 토론에 참여하세요.

새 댓글을 게시하려면 로그인 / 가입