100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

ListenNotes giving me a 504 gateway timeout

Rapid account: Premo Cast
PremoCast
5年前

The error is intermittent, only working sometimes. Looks like it’s a proxy server on mashape’s side - can you please advise?

Rapid account: Listennotes
listennotes Commented 5年前

It took a bit longer for this outage to be resolved (> 1 day)…

I just made a subdomain api.listennotes.com to redirect to anything listennotes.p.mashape.com.

So, instead of calling listennotes.p.mashape.com/api/v1/search/, you can use api.listennotes.com/api/v1/search/

In the future, if there’s outage on Mashape/RapidAPI’s end, I can quickly switch api.listennotes.com to point to other API gateway (or remove the API gateway during Mashape/RapidAPI outage).

Let me know if this api.listennotes.com thing works for you.

PremoCast Commented 5年前

ok great, working for me too! Thx

Rapid account: Shaandsingh
shaandsingh Commented 5年前

Can confirm, seems to be up and running again!

Update: RapidAPI folks just fixed the issue.

They will tell me the root cause later. And I’ll update here.

Update: I’m able to chat with Rapidapi via Facebook Messenger! We are troubleshooting now.

It’s unfortunate, but thanks for being on top of it.

Typically they reply support ticket very quickly. But this time, it's unusually slow.

I doubt that it's due to their recent website revamp: https://blog.rapidapi.com/introducing-the-revamped-rapidapi/ This involves tons of changes, including api proxy server.

"The new marketplace comes with a host of technical enhancements and supporting services, each of which truly deserves its own blog. The highlights are a GraphQL API gateway to query the RapidAPI data graph, a brand new API proxy engine, a new analytics pipeline, a system that builds in localization. The combined effect is a platform that is faster, even more, reliable when handling billions of API calls and further scalable, and the ability to release new functionality and features faster."

Very frustrated on my end 😦 Can't reach RapidAPI support.

PremoCast Commented 5年前

Bummer… still seems to be down

Sometimes, I’ll get a “SUCCESS: 0 bytes” response from the API after ten seconds of waiting. Thought maybe my setup was wrong, but seems like this is part of the 504 issue.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments