Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

It not give image for some what large data

Rapid account: Rama 1987
rama1987
8 years ago

Hi,

I am using direct S3 bucket URL to convert PDF into image. But it has some 23 pages to display. So it was not working also returns 503 response.

I have a suggestion regarding this, Is that any possible to convert 1st page of the PDF instead of full file conversion.

Please let me know if it has any possible or not. Below is the the link i am using for conversion. Also is their any thing else i did wrong let me know.

Thanks

Rapid account: Mazira
mazira Commented 8 years ago

This error occurs when the Mashape proxy times-out and assumes it is getting no response from the server. This can happen when processing multiple pages at high resolution. I believe that Mashape recently reduced its timeout, exacerbating the problem.

There is a way to process a PDF page-by-page, which should avoid the timeout issue. This is not yet documented in Mashape, but I will describe it below:

If the output parameter is not specified, it will assume that you are processing page-by-page, and will immediately return a JSON array of relative page URLs. You can then send individual GET requests to these URLs, along with the res, quality, and png8 parameters as query parameters. Note that in this mode, it is not necessary to send res, quality, or png8 along with the original POST request.

I will update the Mashape documentation to reflect this additional option.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments