0%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Unable to use the API

Rapid account: Sairama Krishna
SairamaKrishna
7 years ago

End point is not responding, not getting the output.

Rapid account: Mazira
mazira Commented 7 years ago

@EricLayne, thanks. You might be correct. I tried some stuff, but I can’t seem to figure out the problem. I am going to ask one of our senior devs to look at it. Unfortunately, she is on vacation this week. I will keep you posted. Sorry about this.

Rapid account: Eric Layne
EricLayne Commented 7 years ago

Or maybe your firewall rules need to be updated?
https://docs.rapidapi.com/v1.0/docs/firewall-ip-security

It looks like Mashape is getting out of the API marketplace and is transitioning it to RapidAPI - http://blog.mashape.com/the-api-marketplace-joins-rapidapi/
I wonder if a change related to this has caused your API to break? I just tried it and still get a timeout and then a message - No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. Maybe Mashape didn’t require CORS but RapidAPI does? Just guessing here.

So MaShape is being a bit of a pain. I think they changed some stuff recently that’s causing these problems. I reset a bunch of stuff. Can you try again and see if it works?

Thanks for replying mazira. We’ve been using it for the past two years or so as a part of a home grown expense reporting app. Our volume is fairly low - probably less than a dozen conversions per week - so not much money to be made here. We also have a work around by just asking our employees to upload png or jpg instead of pdf, so its not super urgent for us. But appreciate you looking into it.

Hi EricLayne and Sairamakrishna, we are having some problems with the server and MaShape integration at our end. Looking into it right now.

We might have to do some upgrades at our end to improve performance. Is this an API you are interested in consuming for commercially?

Having the same problem. Used to work, now it times out. Chrome tools reports a 504 gateway timeout. There is also an error related to CORS but not sure if that is the main problem, or a result of the timeout. Is anybody monitoring these issues? If so, please just ping back that you are looking into it.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments