Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Any option for Bulk lookup?

Rapid account: Mariusbutuc
mariusbutuc
il y a 9 ans

Hi there,

I’m in a very similar boat as G.KISA was 5 months ago: I’m interested in doing 5K requests in one go. This means that if 70 users use my service once, the limit for the MEGA plan is already reached.

So I’m very interested to find out if:

1. Is there an option to do bulk API calls? Again, my scenario is to lookup 5,000 domains in one shot.
  2. How much is the $200/month flat rate an option?

Looking forward to more info and getting in touch,
Marius

Rapid account: Mariusbutuc
mariusbutuc Commented il y a 9 ans

The scenario is having the user search for a domain, then provide that domain plus 5,000 relevant .com domains.
On top of that, we would like to display to the user which ones of the 5k domains are available versus the ones that are already registered.

The 350k lookups/month currently provided by the Mega plan would only cover 70 such searches. Needless to say, we would expect more than 70 searches to be done within a month.

Can we use NameToolkit for this? How?

Thanks,
Marius

Rapid account: Nametoolkit
nametoolkit Commented il y a 9 ans

Hi Marius,
In order to get timely, accurate data, one must query the whois servers without caching the data, however they all impose cripplingly low limits on lookups per minute/second.
Therefore the only way for us to reliably implement something like this would be to allow you to POST us a large list of domains as a batch job, handle errors and retries and email it back to you at a later time in a csv. If this would significantly improve the usability of our service we’ll definitely consider it.
Alternatively, to reduce the likelihood of throttling issues, you can implement this by simply adding a small sleep between calls, our Mega plan now covers 350k/month lookups, do you really envisage exceeding that limit?

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments