9.9 / 10

Latency

2,897ms

Serviceniveau

97%

Health Check

N/A

Terug naar alle discussies

Downtime being faced (76% of requests get 503)

Rapid account: Silentsilencee
silentsilencee
a year ago

Hey - in the last 24 hours we have faced severe time downtime with api. Is it an issue with a setting we are using i.e. is there a stability guide to region or was this a one time infra change?

silentsilencee Commented a year ago

thank you so much!! appreciate the more descriptive status code and will look into it

Rapid account: Restyler
restyler Commented a year ago

I have added proper validation for empty spaces in URL, it will now throw 422

OK I think I know what is the reason - sometimes you are passing spaces along in the url: https://www.hltv.org/stats/players/matches/14388/the elive?startDate=2022-09-12&endDate=2023-03-13
note the space between “the” and “elive” - you need to properly encode your variables, in js it’s done using encodeURIComponent()

Yeah, I think RapidAPI is doing some weird stuff with their logging feature, and it has been broken for a long time, so I can’t do any analysis and bug fixing using logs. it would help if you show me the real raw payload that you send to the API (what exactly are you sending in {one_year_ago}) .

silentsilencee Commented a year ago

The ones where we see the errors is when we supply query parameters in the get request with the following format:

?startDate={one_year_ago}&endDate={today_date} at the end of the url.

Checking the logs of the api for some reason it is getting parsed as this on your end: xellow?startDate":“2022-09-12” “endDate”:“2023-03-13”. Is passing the above query parameter as a string not safe enough, do i need to url encode it somehow?

this is also non-deterministic. I see it correctly getting parsed for some query parameters.

hi! this is related to your payload query: you trigger ““stderr”:”(3) URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL " error. Can you please tell me what kind of URL are you supplying?
BTW you don’t pay for 5xx error of an API, they are not billed.

Doe mee aan de discussie - voeg hieronder een opmerking toe