97%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Rapid account: Tetujin 3 D
tetujin3d
8年前

i’ve been using this api for a couple months now (thanks for making it available, btw!), and i am just now running into an issue where i can’t use pycurl to retrieve data unless i turn off SSL_VERIFYHOST and SSL_VERIFYPEER to make an insecure (unchecked) connection. i’m not expert at curl/pycurl, so i’m not sure if the problem is actually somewhere else, but i thought that i should at least raise a flag and mention this in case anyone else was seeing the same behaviors. thanks again for the API and keeping it updated!

(i wrote a bot on the errbot framework so that some friends can do hearthstone card queries from a slack channel).

Rapid account: Omgvamp
omgvamp Commented 8年前

If having those options on worked before then something must have changed. All API requests are routed through Mashape and unfortunately I have no control over the SSL settings on their end. It could be possible that something changed on their end though.

Rapid account: Tetujin 3 D
tetujin3d Commented 8年前

no, it totally works if i turn off those options. did something change on your end? i totally admit that it could be me, though i don’t think i changed anything that would be tied to it. i could be wrong 😃

Rapid account: Omgvamp
omgvamp Commented 8年前

I’m glad you like the API! I don’t think it shouldn’t be a problem if you turn SSL_VERIFYHOST and SSL_VERIFYPEER off. If you run into an issues let me know.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments