Data Privacy is important to RapidAPI. This Privacy Notice explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by RapidAPI and applies to information collected when you interact with the RapidAPI via our website or use the online services of the RapidAPI Marketplace or RapidAPI Enterprise Hub. We respect the privacy rights of individuals interacting with us, our user community and enterprise customers. Recognizing the importance of protecting, managing, and controlling the information we collect about you in accordance with the regulatory obligations associated with that information is of paramount importance to us. As such, please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use, and maintain your personal information. This Privacy Notice also describes your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to discontinue using the RapidAPI Marketplace, RapidAPI Enterprise Hub or other Services offered by RapidAPI.
RapidAPI Service Definition:
RapidAPI Enterprise Hub
The RapidAPI Enterprise Hub is a white-labeled, internal API Marketplace/Storefront used by developers, analysts, and product managers to discover and connect to internal and external subscription API’s. This Enterprise Hub integrates seamlessly with internal systems, supports the current APIs used within the Enterprise, works with any API Gateway and can be deployed on premises or across multi-cloud environments. Enterprise Hub users can publish their own API’s and/or discover existing API’s that enable them to innovate faster by sharing services. Furthermore, the Enterprise Hub also includes a dedicated dashboard that provides valuable insights into API consumption, service level and other key metrics to facilitate detailed analytics and monitoring of API performance.
RapidAPI Public Marketplace
With the increase in API’s it is becoming more challenging for developers to find relevant API’s and use them when they are developing new software. The RapidAPI Marketplace enables developers and enterprises to publish their API’s into a public market place enabling them to be found, reviewed and used if the API meets the needs of the developer. To date, RapidAPI has millions of developers using the service.
RapidAPI Enterprise Hub Service Infrastructure
RapidAPI’s production service for Enterprise Customers are virtualized on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and can be located in any AWS geographic location defined by the Customer. The bespoke virtualized instance of the Enterprise is built on a Virtual Private Network for each customer and contains the product comprising the following services:
The Control (Core Services) Plane
- The API service – Service that stores the API’s
- ACL – Validation of user token
- Billing Services – Processing the charging and invoicing based on usage
- Marketplace – Where users acquire and consume the APIs
- Dashboards – Allows Enterprise user Admins to analyze and control the API used and usage
The Proxy Plane
- The proxy (backend) plane or edge comprises:
- API Call processor
- Redis store – Stores a cache of the API metadata
- Agent – Tracks storage health and data changes
- The proxy plane is made available to the front end services through a Graphic QL gateway.
RapidAPI recognizes that it may be difficult for our users to determine whether the data is personal data, as such we treat all information with care and ensure that we have a clear reason for processing the data, that the data is held securely and disposed of when the purpose for which the data was originally collected is no longer necessary or the lawful basis for processing the data is no longer valid.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information you provide to us
- We collect information you provide directly to us including then you visit our website, register and use the RapidAPI Marketplace or Hub.
- For example, we collect information when you interact with RapidAPI, register as a RapidAPI user, create or modify your profile, interact with your RapidAPI online account, access and use the RapidAPI Marketplace, participate in any interactive feature of the RapidAPI service, participate in a RapidAPI sponsored event, apply for a role at RapidAPI, request customer support or communicate with us via third party social media sites.
- The type of information we may collect directly from you includes your name, user name, email address, your picture, your address and contact phone number, information about your preferences in configuration, employer name, job title, transactional data relating to your use of the RapidAPI marketplace. Please keep in mind that the information you choose to provide in your RapidAPI profile may also be considered as PII or be considered as sensitive information that can identify you as an individual.
Information we collect in your use of the RapidAPI Marketplace
When you access the RapidAPI Marketplace we may automatically collect information as you use the service. The type of information that we capture includes but may not be limited to the following:
- Usage information: We monitor user activity connected with the RapidAPI Market place service and may collect information about the features and functionality used, the API’s uploaded or downloaded.
- Login information: We log information about you when you access and use the RapidAPI marketplace including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser types and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Device Information: We collect information about the device that you log into the service from, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and the unique device identifiers
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the RapidAPI service and your user experience and preferences, allowing you to access and use the RapidAPI Marketplace. (Check with Suzanne re: web beacons / tracking pixels)
- Third Party cookies: If you sign up for access to the RapidAPI Marketplace using a third party service, those third party services may be using cookies that are subject to those third party services’ own rules and policies. RapidAPI does not control the use of third party cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Third party clear gifs: (Check with Suzanne to determine if we use any 3rd parties who use clear gifs)
- Local Shared Objects “LSO” (Flash Cookies): RapidAPI uses LSO’s to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on our website. Third parties that we may partner with may also use LSO’s in order to provide certain features on our web site or to display advertising based on your web browsing activities.
Information we collect from other sources
RapidAPI may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information that we collect via the RapidAPI Marketplace services, for example we may have access to information from a third party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the other service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third party service is in accordance with the privacy notice and authorization procedures determined by that third party service. We protect data obtained from third parties in accordance with the practices described within this policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data.
Use of Information
RapidAPI may use information collected for the limited purpose of providing the RapidAPI service and relating functionality and services, as described in this Privacy Notice and permitted by applicable laws. These limited purposes include circumstances where it is necessary to provide or fulfill services requested by or for you or where you have given us your consent.
The information may be used for the following purposes;
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the RapidAPI Services
- Enabling you to access and use the RapidAPI Marketplace and other Services
- Sending you technical notices, security alerts, support and admirative messages and updates to the service as necessary.
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about RapidAPI and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the RapidAPI Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the RapidAPI Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the RapidAPI Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the RapidAPI Services;
- Send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to the RapidAPI Services. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- For other purposes about which we will provide you with prior notice as described in the “Changes to This Notice” section
- Third Party Applications: RapidAPI provides you with opportunities to connect with third-party applications or services via the RapidAPI Marketplace / Hub. This Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of such third-party applications and services, and we are not responsible for how those third parties collect, use and disclose your information and data. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties before connecting to or using their applications or services to learn more about their information and privacy practices.
Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the RapidAPI Services, (d) to protect RapidAPI, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
While no service is completely secure, RapidAPI takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable.
You may access your account information and RapidAPI service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]
Account Information & Retention. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at [email protected]. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
RapidAPI will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, RapidAPI will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at [email protected]
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from RapidAPI by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing [email protected] with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the RapidAPI Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the RapidAPI Services.
California Residents. Under California law, California Residents who have an established relationship with RapidAPI may choose to opt out of RapidAPI’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval email [email protected]
You can log in to our website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Features and Widgets
The RapidAPI Services may include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on a RapidAPI Service. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
Community Forums and Blogs
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or testimonials, contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Testimonials (Suzanne, I only added this in case we wanted to start promoting Developers and Showcase Customers)
We display personal testimonials of satisfied Developers / users on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the RapidAPI Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of RapidAPI. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The RapidAPI Services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice should be addressed to [email protected] or to RapidAPI Privacy, 2 Shaw Alley, San Francisco CA 94105, United States of America.
If you would like to contact RapidAPI’s DPO, please reach out to [email protected] and we will respond to your request accordingly.
If you have a concern about our handling of your personal information, please get in contact with us first using the details in the ‘Contacting Us’ section of this Privacy Notice.
RapidAPI will respond to your inquiry within 45 days.
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland and feel we have not dealt with your concerns and that we are failing to meet our legal obligations, you can report this to your local data protection regulator, who in turn will contact RapidAPI and comment.