Last updated: 9/17/2021
RapidAPI Enterprise Hub
The RapidAPI Enterprise Hub is a customizable, next-generation API platform that can be used by developers across all industries to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs as well as external subscription APIs. This Enterprise Hub integrates seamlessly with internal systems, supports the current APIs used within the Enterprise, works with any API Gateway, and is deployed in a multi-tenant cloud environment. Enterprise Hub users can publish their own APIs or discover existing APIs that enable them to innovate faster by sharing services. The Enterprise Hub also includes a dedicated dashboard that provides valuable insights into API consumption, service level, and other key metrics to facilitate detailed analytics and monitoring of API performance.
The RapidAPI Hub is the world’s largest public API hub that enables developers to build, test, publish, and expose their APIs to a broad audience of API consumers who, in turn, use the RapidAPI Hub to discover, monitor, and manage suitable APIs for inclusion into solutions they are building. We have limited visibility into the type of data traversing an API. However, in the use of the Services, PII such as user name and IDs are captured by our systems. We ensure that all data and information is treated with care. We also ensure that we have a clear reason for processing the data, that the data is held securely and disposed of when the purpose for which the data was originally collected is no longer necessary or the lawful basis for processing the data is no longer valid.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information you provide to us
- We collect the information you provide directly to us including when you visit our website, register, and use the RapidAPI Enterprise Hub or RapidAPI Hub.
- For example, we collect information when you interact with RapidAPI, register as a RapidAPI user, create or modify your profile, interact with your RapidAPI online account, access and use the RapidAPI Hub, participate in any interactive feature of the Services, participate in a RapidAPI sponsored event, apply for a role at RapidAPI, or request customer support or communicate with us via third-party social media sites.
- The type of information we may collect directly from you includes your name, user name, email address, your picture, your address and contact phone number, information about your preferences in configuration, employer name, job title, transactional data relating to your use of the RapidAPI Hub. Please keep in mind that the information you choose to provide in your RapidAPI profile may also be considered as PII or be considered as sensitive information that can identify you as an individual.
Information we collect in your use of the Services
When you access RapidAPI we may automatically collect information as you use the Services. The type of information that we capture includes but may not be limited to the following:
- Usage information: We monitor user activity connected with the Services and may collect information about the features and functionality used, the APIs uploaded or downloaded.
- Login information: We log information about you when you access and use the RapidAPI Hub including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser types and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Device Information: We collect information about the device that you log into the Services from, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and the unique device identifiers
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services and your user experience and preferences, allowing you to access and use the Services.
- third-party cookies: If you sign up for access to RapidAPI using a third-party service, those third-party services may be using cookies that are subject to those third-party services’ own rules and policies. RapidAPI does not control the use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Local Shared Objects “LSO” (Flash Cookies): RapidAPI uses LSO’s to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on our website. Third parties that we may partner with may also use LSO’s in order to provide certain features on our website.
Information we collect from other sources
Use of Information
The information may be used for the following purposes;
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services
- Enabling you to access and use the Services
- Sending you technical notices, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and updates to the Services as necessary.
- Provide and deliver the Services and features you request, process, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events, and provide other news or information about RapidAPI and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Services;
- Send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about events or activities related to the Services. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- For other purposes about which we will provide you with prior notice as described in the “Changes to This Policy” section.
Compliance with Laws
We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Services, (d) to protect RapidAPI, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Aggregated or Anonymized Data
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
While no service is completely secure, RapidAPI takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited and managed access.
You may access your account information and Services only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at privacy@RapidAPI.com
Account Information & Retention
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at privacy@RapidAPI.com. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at privacy@RapidAPI.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
RapidAPI will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, RapidAPI will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at privacy@RapidAPI.com
Promotional and Newsletter Communications
You may opt-out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from RapidAPI by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing privacy@RapidAPI.com with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
A “cookie” is a small file that is sent and stored on your browser or mobile device when accessing a website. Cookies may contain information that can identify a user or device whenever you return to the Services. RapidAPI leverages cookies to keep track of services used, records user preferences, keeps track of browser sessions, delivers relevant advertising, and tracks pages you visit in order to improve the user experience.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the RapidAPI :
RapidAPI uses temporary (“session cookies”) and permanent (“persistent cookies”) on the platform. Session cookies will expire as you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Services. These cookies are to allow the site to operate as expected, and disabling these cookies may negatively impact the user experience.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Third-party cookies may be placed on your device when you visit the Services. These cookies allow third parties to gather and track certain information about user activity or experience. These cookies can help us analyze how you use the platform and help us detect or prevent security risks.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reach and interact with the Services. These cookies let us know what features are performing appropriately and evaluate the best user experience for our users
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, to help you navigate the site and pixel tracking for performance/feature tracking. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of the Services may not function properly.
OPT-OUT OF COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the RapidAPI website and Services.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
Under California law, California Residents who have an established relationship with RapidAPI may choose to opt out of RapidAPI’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval email privacy@RapidAPI.com
You can log in to our website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Features and Widgets
The Services may include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
Community Forums and Blogs
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request the removal of your personal information from our blog or testimonials, contact us at privacy@RapidAPI.com In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied Developers/users on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to third-party Websites
We may place links on the Services. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of RapidAPI. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The RapidAPI services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at privacy@RapidAPI.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland and feel we have not dealt with your concerns and that we are failing to meet our legal obligations, you can report this to your local data protection regulator, who in turn will contact RapidAPI and comment.