Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Pricing

Rapid account: Control 1st
control1st
7年前

Hello,
I have made a test query and system now trying to charge me $53. I don’t think someone will be using your services for that price.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxoafal8fbvsfaz/screenshot-rapidapi.com 2017-06-21 13-03-53.png?dl=0

Rapid account: Robtex
robtex Commented 7年前

This issue moved to email, so i’m closing it here if you don’t mind

Rapid account: Mashaper
mashaper Commented 7年前

Hi control1st,

It looks like you have incurred an overage fee because you exceeded the 1,000 call/month quota. We’ve explained a bit more over email with you and the vendor. Please respond there so that we can continue this conversation and resolve the issue.

-Mashape Marketplace Support

Rapid account: Control 1st
control1st Commented 7年前

I see there is a free plan, but I believe, the platform should warn that by doing this search you will exceed your free limit and will have to pay additional $$. The customer should know how much he would pay for the search before the search because you never know how much results you will have. I believe the correct pricing model is per query, not per results+query. As you can see on my screenshot, the cost is $63(-$10 free). THAT"S a HUGE amount. Even $6 would be high. Anyway, just my thoughts, thank you for a good services you had with your websites, it’s time to switch now.

Rapid account: Robtex
robtex Commented 7年前

Hello.
Oh. we copied the pricing from a competitor, but we plan to make other pricing models that are cheaper for bigger users.
Better start high and go down from there than the opposite.
We have also requested that mashape would support a free pricing plan with a limit, so you will not risk getting charged if you exceed the limit.
Making it totally free without limits always ends up with abuse and our servers getting slow and burning up.
Hang in there

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments