100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Standard Recipe Search broken?

Rapid account: James Dudeck 87
james.dudeck87
5 years ago

While I seem to be able to search complex recipes, I can not seem to get the standard recipe search to function as expected. No matter what options I use or exclude, it always returns 0-1 result, even on the API test page provided here.

I personally prefer to use the complex recipe search, but it simply takes too long to resolve for regular searching.

Rapid account: Iaryiou 111
iaryiou111 Commented 5 years ago

Recipe Search Complex counts as 3 calls, so this is more expensive and not ideal.

Rapid account: 256 Hz
256hz Commented 5 years ago

For anyone else experiencing this, a workaround is to use Recipe Search Complex, which looks like it’s functioning as intended.

Rapid account: Seanq 101
seanq101 Commented 5 years ago

I have been having the same problem, however I dont believe that just query=burger works right now. https://spoonacular-recipe-food-nutrition-v1.p.rapidapi.com/recipes/search?query=burger along with my key and other headers still returns 0 results. If Spoonacular could get this working soon that would be much appreciated 😃

Rapid account: 256 Hz
256hz Commented 5 years ago

I’m having the same issue, the example query of

unirest.get("https://spoonacular-recipe-food-nutrition-v1.p.rapidapi.com/recipes/search?diet=vegetarian&excludeIngredients=coconut&intolerances=egg%2C+gluten&number=10&offset=0&type=main+course&query=burger") .header("X-RapidAPI-Host", "spoonacular-recipe-food-nutrition-v1.p.rapidapi.com")

returns 0 results for me on the RapidAPI endpoint. I used many of my daily rate limit calls testing this, with simple queries like &query=burger, with the same results.

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 5 years ago

the example might be poorly chosen, we’re updating our API docs at the moment. The endpoint is not broken though, if you just search for query=burger you get results like on the complex recipe search

We are also working on speed!

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments