100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Can I cache only images and title?

Rapid account: Maddieduck
maddieduck
5 years ago

Can I just cache a list of images and titles? For my app I have different cookbooks a user can save recipes to. When clicking on these cookbooks a list of recipes pops up. I want to just see a list of pictures and names of recipes, but calling every single item saved to that cookbook seems superfluous. Can I just save the pictures and names and call a request when the user clicks on that recipe? Otherwise, I would be eating up requests.

Rapid account: Geoffrawson 91
geoffrawson91 Commented 4 years ago

That certainly does help, David! Thank you very much for the information!

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 4 years ago

Hey @geoffrawson91,

We don’t have an official list of preview information but you are always allowed to store our recipe/ingredient/food ids permanently so that you can connect them in your app with your users for example.

Hope that helps,
David

Rapid account: Geoffrawson 91
geoffrawson91 Commented 4 years ago

Good morning, I am wondering if title and images are the only “preview information” that is allowed to be cached? If not can you give me a list of data that is considered “preview” information? I have a favorite recipes section in my app and, like maddieduck, I would like to make a call when the user selected the “favorite” recipe. I am hoping I can store the recipe ID in the preview information so as to make a call when selected.

Rapid account: Maddieduck
maddieduck Commented 5 years ago

Thank you!

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 5 years ago

Hi,

Yes, storing title and image as “preview information” is allowed.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments