9.9 / 10

Latency

488ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Email Saying I've Reached my Max Monthly Quota?

Rapid account: Janice Chan
JaniceChan
לפני 7 שנים

Hi, I have received an email from the Mashape team saying that I have reached my maximum monthly quota, however I have subscribed to a plan that enables me 5000 requests / day. It is the CUSTOM-POC subscription to the Recipe - Food - Nutrition API. Please let me know whether or not I have reached my quota, thanks.

-Janice Chan

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented לפני 7 שנים

Hi,

Yes, I believe the monthly part is an error on mashape’s part. Please reach out to mashape support regarding your credit card information - we have no access to this.

Thank you!

Rapid account: Janice Chan
JaniceChan Commented לפני 7 שנים

Hi,

Thank you for your response, I see the remaining requests now. I suppose it means that I have reached my maximum daily quota instead of monthly? Since my plan is 5000 requests per day. Please confirm, thank you!
Additionally, as I am using this API for a school project, what are the procedures to follow to remove my credit card information after the end of the school term?

Thanks,
Janice Chan

To clarify further: the “Complex Recipe Search” endpoint counts as at least 3 requests, but will count as more if you set addRecipeInformation to true (+0.5 requests for every recipe returned). The endpoint “Get Random Recipes” also counts as 1 request per recipe. You can always see how many requests you have used by evaluating the mashape response header after each call. The response header will show you:

X-Ratelimit-Classifications-Limit: X
X-Ratelimit-Classifications-Remaining: X
X-Ratelimit-Requests-Limit: X
X-Ratelimit-Requests-Remaining: X
X-Ratelimit-Tinyrequests-Limit: X
X-Ratelimit-Tinyrequests-Remaining: X

So again you may be using more requests than you realize and hit your cap sooner than expected.

Please check your quota response headers that you get for each request. Mashape does currently not show you the quotas correctly. One “request” to complexSearch can count as multiple requests as stated in the documentation.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments