100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Academic Plan - Raise Request-Limit

Rapid account: Marco Dv 94
marcoDv94
8 years ago

Hi, I have been granted access to the API for research purposes.
I would like to know whether it is possible to increase the request limit from 5,000 to something in the neighbourhood of 10,000-15,000 .
Regards,
Marco

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 8 years ago

I’d prefer email. It is simply my first name @spoonacular.com 😃

Best, David

marcoDv94 Commented 8 years ago

Shall I keep contacting you on this platform or do you have an email address I can write directly to ?
Best, Marco

Thank you. I’ll keep you updated.
Best, Marco

Sounds very good. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Best, David

Hi David, Thank you very much for your collaboration. I expect to finish writing up the papers by August and as soon as they have been approved and published I’ll be emailing you the links. We can then discuss about any possible “implementation” of the results. How does this sound to you?

Best, Marco

Hey Marco. I see. Ok, I sent you an invite to a proof of concept plan. Please understand though that we’re a small team with not a lot of budget for server infrastructure so please throttle your requests and leave 250ms between subsequent requests. Also it would be nice if you could send me the results of your research, maybe some of it can flow back into our platform?

Best, David

Hi David, I am working on a academic research which seeks to create and compare models aimed at predict the overall popularity of a recipe. To do so, I need to access an estimated 200,000-300,000 recipes. If I have a 5,000 request limit that would take me nearly two months and therefore, slow down my research quite a lot. Thus, it would be nice to have a request limit which would make this process faster. Best Marco.

Hey Marco,
could you please outline what you are using the API for that so many requests are necessary?
Best,
David

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments