100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

ingredient-to-product mapping is incorrect

Rapid account: Shspivey
shspivey
8 лет назад

we found some inconsistencies in the data that returned by the ingredient-to-product mapping end point .

There found multiple cases, but here is one of the examples. Searched for a recipe using “recipes/search” end point, and then for ingredient returned by the “recipes/{id}/information” we looked up products through “food/ingredients/map” end point. The “OriginalString” value of the ingredient is “1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion” , but returned product is “Thin’n Trim Chicken Sausage Spinach & Red Onion”, and that is not what I would expect. Could you please clarify?

OriginalString:
{
“ingredients”: [“1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion”]
}

Returned mapping data:

{
“originalString”:“1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion”,
“ingredientImage”:“red-onion.jpg”,
“metaInformation”:[
“red_onion”
],
“products”:[
{
“id”:223346,
“upc”:“052294007319”,
“title”:“Thin’n Trim Chicken Sausage Spinach & Red Onion”
}
]
}

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 8 лет назад

Hi shspivey,

I’m sorry about the inaccuracy. Our product classification algorithm is not 100% accurate and this product name confused it so we thought it is a red onion. As long as our algorithm is not perfect this might happen from time to time. However, if you let me know whenever you encounter such a problem, please send it to me (best a list of problems) and I’ll use those to improve the accuracy of our algorithm. Send it to david insertathere spoonacular.com.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments