Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Usage charges

Rapid account: Ezrecipe
ezrecipe
8 years ago

To whom it may concern:
I recently checked my transactions with Mashape marketplace and found that I was charged $140+ for the last two months of usage. I am currently a student at UC Santa Cruz, and for the last few months, my team and I found mashape and decided to use this particular API for our Web Applications (CMPS 183) class project. This was our first time working on web development and using APIs, and we were unaware that we were being charged for our extra requests. We were under the assumption that using the developer’s API key that was provided through mashape, we would have unlimited uncharged requests with the basic subscription plan. Edit: I just discovered hackathon/academic access on the spoonacular API website- is it too late to request for the academic access?

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 8 years ago

Someone at mashape (we don’t charge you, mashape does). There is probably a contact form.

Rapid account: Ezrecipe
ezrecipe Commented 8 years ago

Thank you so much David! 😄 We really appreciate it. Also, where should I request for a refund?

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 8 years ago

Hi ezrecipe, yes there are hackathon and academic access plans for quite now. You can request access and please ask mashape for a refund, we will agree to it and you don’t have to pay those 140 bucks 😉

Best,
David

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments