Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Meal Planning - storing generated plans

Rapid account: Alex Gamezo
AlexGamezo
7년 전

Hey,

I’m working on an app that will provide a customized weekly meal plan, based on user preferences that are specified on a per-day basis. As such, I’d use the API to generate a per-day meal plan that caters to those use preferences.

My question lies in the API terms regarding caching/storing data. Does the generated schedule, which amounts to a recipe ID for breakfast/lunch/dinner fall under those terms? As in, can I internally store the generated recipe IDs and then make individual requests for each recipe as the user views their schedule, or will this be a terms violation? Regenerating the schedule each time view their profile would not work for obvious reasons.

Thanks for providing an awesome API. It looks to cater to all my needs so far. Only possible concern is in regards to ingredients and shopping lists. Problems I’ve seen with other APIs is that they have “chopped garlic”, “garlic clove” and “garlic” as three separate ingredients, making shopping really confusing and annoying. From what I saw, Spoonacular has done the work to clean that up, at least partially. Is this an ongoing effort as new recipes are imported?

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 7년 전

Hi Alex,

you can cache generated schedules. And yes we are continuously improving our parsing capabilities to with our growing database (about 30-100 recipes per day).

Best,
David

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments