Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Spoonacular own recipes

Rapid account: Appzio
appzio
8 years ago

Hi!

Since only Spoonacular original recipes have instructions, we’d like to search based on that as a parameter (ie. Spoonacular user submitted). Is this possible? Also, how is the copyright with images of Spoonacular original recipes?

Thanks,
Timo

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 8 years ago

Hey Timo,

sorry for the late reply. spoonacular original recipes are also included in limitLicense = true. If limitLicense = true, you should give proper attribution to the original source, if spoonacular is the original source, you simply write by spoonacular user. To read more about correct attribution, check out the API terms tab above.

Your app looks nice!

Rapid account: Appzio
appzio Commented 8 years ago

Superb, thank you, will give it a spin!

Also, how is the copyright with images of Spoonacular original recipes? Ie. could we use them within our app (see appzio.com/cookify) and if yes, with what kind of attribution?

Thanks,
Timo

Hey Timo,

I updated the search endpoint for you: https://market.mashape.com/spoonacular/recipe-food-nutrition#search-recipes

You can now set the “limitLicense” parameter to true to only get recipes with attribution licenses.

Hi kaarthic,

you simply need to sign up with mashape and subscribe to the free plan. You then use your mashape key in the header for the requests.

Best,
david

Rapid account: Kaarthic
kaarthic Commented 8 years ago

Hi,

I need to use the spoonacular api to get a response .for that i need a key.how can i get a free api key .in order to check the response using advanced rest client

thanks,
kaarthic

Hi Timo,

currently that is not possible but I put it on the todo and we can probably come up with something within a couple of days, would that be soon enough?

Best,
David

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments