Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Does the API has a Momentum endpoint?

Rapid account: Dantecoc 00
dantecoc00
vor 3 Monaten

Hello!

I’m currently exploring API providers for my football web app, focused on showcasing comprehensive Premier League match data. In my search, I’ve identified the need for a Momentum type graph in my app.

Momentum considers key stats like Attack, Possession and more, each weighted to indicate a team’s momentum level. This dynamic score changes in real-time, influenced by statistics such as red cards decreasing momentum or increased possession time boosting it.

So, does your API offer a feature like Momentum, providing real-time insights into the momentum made by teams during football matches?

Looking forward to your answer!

Rapid account: William Sport Monks
WilliamSportMonks Commented vor 3 Monaten

Hello Dantecoc00,

At Sportmonks, we prefer to refer to it as the Pressure Index, which essentially serves the same purpose as momentum. The Pressure Index is a real-time scoring system evaluating the level of pressure exerted in a match based on live team statistics, providing valuable insights into a team’s momentum and dominance during a game.

Calculation:
The Pressure Index is computed using statistical factors like Attack, Possession, Shots, Tackles, Cards, and more. Each statistic is weighted to reflect its importance, generating a dynamic score that varies based on their influence. For example, receiving a red card reduces pressure, while increased possession time has the opposite effect.

Relative Values:
Index values are relative to each other; both teams having an index near zero indicates equal pressure. Only one team can have positive pressure, and a higher pressure index signifies a stronger period of dominance.

Include in API Request:
To access Pressure Index data, use the “pressure” include in your API request.

Example Request:
https://api.sportmonks.com/v3/football/fixtures/18804442?api_token=YOUR_TOKEN&include=pressure

Visualisation:
Utilise the Pressure Index as a valuable tool for visualizing attacking pressure throughout a game. Track dynamic changes to create a visual representation showcasing the flow of attacking pressure by each team. Observe spikes and dips, indicating periods of intense attacking pressure or moments when the pressure goes down.
Feel free to reach out if you have further questions or need assistance.

Kind regards,

Team Sportmonks

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments